Desperate for a goalie

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
In my Fantrax keeper league (20 teams), I'm badly in need for a starting goalie. As it stands, my starters are LaBarbera, Lindback, and Elliot. Needless to say, the minimum games played requirement (2 games per week) isn't getting met... and it's causing me to lose match-ups.

I've been offered 2 trades.. but as much as I need a goalie, I feel like I'd be overpaying.. That being said it's always good to get another opinion.

Trade 1
To me: Ryan Miller, Radek Faksa, Tom Kuhnhackl
To them: Alex Galchenyuk, Mark Scheifele, Mason Raymond

Trade 2
To me: Jimmy Howard
To them: Jakob Silfverberg, Sam Gagner, Nathan Beaulieu, 2015 1st

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Update: I managed to get a deal done with the GM in trade 2. His team is dealing with injuries, and he needed to shed some cap space..

We agreed on Jimmy Howard for Silfverberg, Gagner, and Beaulieu.

It's essentially the same trade, but I get to keep my 2015 1st which is what my issue was. It's still quite a bit to give up, but looking at it right now I think it's worth it.

- I needed a starting goalie BAD.
- Silfverberg is out for roughly a month, he's doing me no good.
- Beaulieu is playing in the AHL. He's a top D prospect, but he's not getting me anything.. my D is already solid.
- Gagner is coming off an injury... and playing for the Oilers.

Gui101do

Dec 12, 2007
Howard is obviously the better option and, to be honest, I don't value Gagner and Silfverberg as much as you do, I guess.

Keep in mind with Miller, he will, more than likely, be traded sometime this season. If he goes to a contender who needs netminding due to injury or inconsistency (Pittsburgh, Washington, Colorado, Tampa Bay), he could really pay off. It's a gamble, but something to keep in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->