Desmarias & ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Lots of chatter about Desmarais being involved at some level in the purchase of the Sens

There is an article today in the Globe entitled

How a Desmarais investment got entangled in an alleged terror financing scheme in Syria

The article talks about a company Desmarais' Power Corp is a major shareholder in and Desmarais himself is a director of paying off ISIS not to attack a Syrian based cement plant infrastructure . I'd link the article but it's Globe subscriber material only. Without the subscription you can see the article but cannot read it

And it seems like the French are proceeding with the case....this could get fugly.

when it rains it pours

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Way to piss on the f***ing parade...Sens fans are not entitled to even have hope, are they?

f*** this news, hopefully it's nothing.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Unfortunately, that is how you must operate in much of the Middle East. Pay a ransom, or have your business blown up.

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Forgot to ask, how many boards is melnyk on Jd1? Oh ya, he was banned from any publicly traded company due to actually being found guilt of cooking the books
I am not re-directing anything

Melnyk wasn't found guilty of cooking books.... don't be so lazy, go read what that legal action was about

I'm not a Melnyk fan either ….. but I do call people like you out when you post fiction

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
this was lafarge, reported in March and driven from their Paris office. Given how many boards Desmarais sits on this is nothing.

Unless you’re a melnyk supporter trying to redirect from all his crap, hmmmm

No kidding.

This is so tangentially related to the Senators (a guy who might be interested in potentially purchasing the team might have been a participant in a case of bribery in the Middle East) that it hardly warrants a new thread.

But I suppose that posting it in the existing thread on Melnyk/Potential New Ownership means one doesn't get to put "Desmarais" and "ISIS" together in the thread title.

Reactions: Sensung

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lots of chatter about Desmarais being involved at some level in the purchase of the Sens

There is an article today in the Globe entitled

How a Desmarais investment got entangled in an alleged terror financing scheme in Syria

The article talks about a company Desmarais' Power Corp is a major shareholder in and Desmarais himself is a director of paying off ISIS not to attack a Syrian based cement plant infrastructure . I'd link the article but it's Globe subscriber material only. Without the subscription you can see the article but cannot read it

And it seems like the French are proceeding with the case....this could get fugly.

when it rains it pours

I very much doubt that Desmarais was aware of this. Desmarais does not like being in the news, if he knew about this he likely would have sold his shares.

It is rather ridiculous to think that the factory workers, facing death, decided to ask permission from corporate before actually going ahead with this.

"Sorry everyone, before we plead for our lives I gotta email someone in Paris to ask them if this is ok"

That makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensung

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I am not re-directing anything

Melnyk wasn't found guilty of cooking books.... don't be so lazy, go read what that legal action was about

I'm not a Melnyk fan either ….. but I do call people like you out when you post fiction
Hope the paycheck is worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad