Desjardins!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Who the hell is this guy? He's the biggest reason Rimouski is 2-1.Quick feet,nice glove hand and square to the puck most times.Has Montreal drafted him?...........they may want to.He's a little small but damn good. Star of the show so far imo.

espo*

You would think from the amount of posts here that i'm blowing smoke out of my ass...............i'm not.He is stopping the puck and with grit.He's been more important than Crosby...without him they are 0-3 imo.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
honestly, this guy is HUGE. I mean he makes goalies like Gerber and Giggy look small in comparison. This is why he's not getting the credit he deserves, because he's huge.

espo*

Was i too drunk last night? He did'nt look that big to me................i drank a lot of beers though.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
cyclops said:
Was i too drunk last night? He did'nt look that big to me................i drank a lot of beers though.

lol obviously you did drink a lot...Rimouski didn't even play, it was Ottawa and London last night :biglaugh:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
cyclops said:
You would think from the amount of posts here that i'm blowing smoke out of my ass...............i'm not.He is stopping the puck and with grit.He's been more important than Crosby...without him they are 0-3 imo.
Rimouski gives opposing teams plenty of perimiter and angle shots so if
you're not used to how they play you may think that is alot of pucks to stop
but not many of them are real scoring opportunities.Cedrick makes the
occassional great save but also lets in quite a few weak ones as he has in
this tournament.He really hasn't been outstanding at all.You could replace
Desjardins with a half dozen goalies in the Q and Rim becomes a better team.
You could replace Crosby with a half dozen guys in the q and Rim gets walked
all over in this tournament.

Sometimes you guys place way too much emphasis on stats.Watch the game
and notice how much ice Crosby gives his linemates.Also notice how much of
their best resources the opposing teams use up on covering him.

That being said Cedrick is doing his job,but nothing more.

espo*

rnyquist said:
lol obviously you did drink a lot...Rimouski didn't even play, it was Ottawa and London last night :biglaugh:
It was a two day affair..................thursday turned into Friday really quick..............it was like one day rolled into one.I should quit actually but i'm not sure a.a would work for me. :)

espo*

pei fan said:
Rimouski gives opposing teams plenty of perimiter and angle shots so if
you're not used to how they play you may think that is alot of pucks to stop
but not many of them are real scoring opportunities.Cedrick makes the
occassional great save but also lets in quite a few weak ones as he has in
this tournament.He really hasn't been outstanding at all.You could replace
Desjardins with a half dozen goalies in the Q and Rim becomes a better team.
You could replace Crosby with a half dozen guys in the q and Rim gets walked
all over in this tournament.

Sometimes you guys place way too much emphasis on stats.Watch the game
and notice how much ice Crosby gives his linemates.Also notice how much of
their best resources the opposing teams use up on covering him.
Good point..............i still think he keeps them in the game though when lesser goalies would'nt.I have'nt even seen any stats on him and could care less.I'm just watching the guy through drunk eyes every game and he looks good to me..................but overweight chicks look good too.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
He's a good goalie, but I don't think that he is anything special. Definately capable of making some incredible saves, but his equipment is pretty big. It will be interesting to see what regulations will do. Weird persona too. I don't think I have seen a goalie get so animated after making a big save. I'm not sure what to think about it. I have no problem with it as goalies should have every right to celebrate a massive save, just like a player has the right to celebrate a goal. It just goes against the personality of most goaltenders as level headed, never get too high, never get too low. If things start to go bad for him, his emotions might get in the way of his effectiveness.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
i probably could make more saves in the Mem Cup than this guy could, that equipment is absolutely sickening. If he makes it to the NHL and has to conform to smaller gear, he wont last

espo*

allin4466 said:
i probably could make more saves in the Mem Cup than this guy could, that equipment is absolutely sickening. If he makes it to the NHL and has to conform to smaller gear, he wont last
Maybe not...............his gear is big.Still looks good to me though.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
rnyquist said:
honestly, this guy is HUGE. I mean he makes goalies like Gerber and Giggy look small in comparison. This is why he's not getting the credit he deserves, because he's huge.

Pretty strange comment from a guy who is in love with Lundqvist. His pads (ridiculous thigh rise) and gear are mega sized too but you give him a lot of credit.

Anyway, I am not a fan of Desjardins. He is very erratic and overreacts on almost every shot. He will be exposed by good shooters. Kaspar beat him for a bad goal and Perry knew exactly how to beat him. His quickness gets him by at this level but if he ever plays in the NHL I'd be very surprized.

His showboating and knocking the net off is wearing pretty thin.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Le Golie said:
Pretty strange comment from a guy who is in love with Lundqvist. His pads (ridiculous thigh rise) and gear are mega sized too but you give him a lot of credit.

Anyway, I am not a fan of Desjardins. He is very erratic and overreacts on almost every shot. He will be exposed by good shooters. Kaspar beat him for a bad goal and Perry knew exactly how to beat him. His quickness gets him by at this level but if he ever plays in the NHL I'd be very surprized.

Desjardins chest protecter sticks out 6-8 oinches from his body. Credrick is only 6'00 180, he looks massive in his gear. More the chest protecter and pants than pads and gloves.

espo*

Le Golie said:

Yes,his net knocking is wearing thin,he should cut that out.

As for Perry..............i think he knows how to beat anyone.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
cyclops said:
I'm just watching the guy through drunk eyes every game and he looks good to me..................but overweight chicks look good too.

If Kristy Alley starts looking good to you......you've had too many. :biglaugh:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Desjardins chest protecter sticks out 6-8 oinches from his body. Credrick is only 6'00 180, he looks massive in his gear. More the chest protecter and pants than pads and gloves.

Yeah, he looks pretty fat. Even though he is obviously not. And his shoulders are covered very high and squared off perfectly, that's a huge advantage for a butterfly goalie.

espo*

pei fan said:
If Kristy Alley starts looking good to you......you've had too many. :biglaugh:
Oh...............lots worse then her were looking pretty snacky to me thursday and Friday.Yeah...................i had more then one too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad