Line Combos: Desharnais Plekanec & _____?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Assuming Eller is expected to produce 2nd line numbers then I would go:
DD-Eller-Sekac
but if Pleks is going to get 2nd line minutes then go:
DD-Plek-Sekac

Just think that Sekac should be on the 2nd wing and although I'm open, currently favouring DD as the other wing.

Lionel Mandrake

The RW is by far our weakest position up front and I really hope this gets addressed sooner than later. Gallagher, the best of the bunch, is a 2nd-3rd line tweener to me, albeit a great one, and the rest are bottom feeders, save for Andrighetto who's too inexperienced for a bigger role.

Luckily for us our 2 best prospects up front are RWers but in the meantime, I hope Bergevin addresses this going into the playoffs with a rental. We say it every year but Jagr would look good along side Plekanec and Sekac. An other player we might want to inquire about and who might become available is TJ Oshie.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well, seems like Therrien went with "other".....
Desharnais - Plekanec - Andrighetto was the new line at practice today.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd put Andrighetto there. Yeah, he's small but he's a lot more feisty than Parenteau and a lot more talented than Weise.

Didn't see this, but that's awesome.

Sekac-Eller-Parenteau had some success earlier in the year as well, so I wouldn't mind seeing them back together when PAP is ready.

Then for the fourth line, you can use a rotating door with the four others.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The RW is by far our weakest position up front and I really hope this gets addressed sooner than later. Gallagher, the best of the bunch, is a 2nd-3rd line tweener to me, albeit a great one, and the rest are bottom feeders, save for Andrighetto who's too inexperienced for a bigger role.

Luckily for us our 2 best prospects up front are RWers but in the meantime, I hope Bergevin addresses this going into the playoffs with a rental. We say it every year but Jagr would look good along side Plekanec and Sekac. An other player we might want to inquire about and who might become available is TJ Oshie.
Why would a playoff team trade TJ Oshie?? Cause he had a slow start?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Well, that's certainly new. Not really sold on ghetto being ready yet but his style of play with the other two guys style of play certainly makes the line very interesting at least on paper. At the very least it would make things interesting.

Montreality

Jul 11, 2012
Montreal
Rw is a tough position to fill because of the lesser amount of RH shots in hockey in general(dont know NHL % of RH shooters) and the fact the player is often facing a goalies glove side on the short side. If you look back historically, lots of RWs with RH shots were extremely elite and big bodies and those are hard to find. Examples: Jagr, Howe, Ovechkin, Iginla, Hossa , to name a few

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Eller sekac bournival this could be a very good line...they played 2 shifts against the Pens and they pinned them in there zone the entire 2 shifts.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Eller sekac bournival this could be a very good line...they played 2 shifts against the Pens and they pinned them in there zone the entire 2 shifts.

They also played a couple of shifts against the Bolts and were not very good. I'd still give them a few more matches to see what the 3 of them can do together.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Looks like Therrien is playing for the President's trophy because small soft lines just don't work in the playoffs. Seriously wouldn't this be the smallest line in the entire NHL?

HabsDieHard*

Therrien makes baffling decisions on a regular basis, decisions that seemingly go against his own approach based on his previous decisions in the past.

It's strange.

That "2nd" line looks brutal on paper, and against a solid hard working tight checking defensive team it would be pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->