GDT: Desert Dogs @ Guppies 7:30pm (we hope) ESPN+/Hulu

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I kinda enjoyed the break from watching the Sharks and just Hockey in general. I keep thinking that break is going to continue, but if they do play tonight I hope they play well. Still, with everything happening, my opinion on this season has kind of changed from being excited about it to maybe they should just cancel it because of Covid.

Reactions: Sandisfan

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Was hoping to catch the Oiler game in the bay area before she got postponed so I figure since I'm here, I could take in a sharks game or two. Where is the best place to buy tickets? Gametime app has some intense fees but definitely seems easy

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Awesome! Another game I don't get to see. :thumbd::madfire::cry::madfire::rant::madfire:

P.S. If postponed/cancelled I imagine that if played it will still be an evil notsoEntertaining and kindaSPorts Nitwitwork broadcast.

edited for esthetics

Last edited:

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
Who is in covid protocol. So optimizing the team's chances at winning.
Sharks Recalled Zachary Sawchenko who is awful 3 wins/6 losses and GAA: .859. MELNICHUK isn't that much better .874. Sharks goalies' situation on the farm deserves a priority.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
ESPN hasn't announced who's on the call for this game, but I believe it's Leah Hextall and maybe Brian Boucher. For anyone who hasn't seen it, there's like a 5000 post thread on the main HF NHL page about her. I feel bad saying it, but from what I've heard she's kind of atrocious, particularly in terms of getting names right and making some incoherent goal calls. I hope she's gotten better, especially because I would like to see a woman doing play-by-play well, but instead it seems like ESPN went and hired someone named Hextall who's wildly inexperienced at this job to be given it on a national stage.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
ESPN hasn't announced who's on the call for this game, but I believe it's Leah Hextall and maybe Brian Boucher. For anyone who hasn't seen it, there's like a 5000 post thread on the main HF NHL page about her. I feel bad saying it, but from what I've heard she's kind of atrocious, particularly in terms of getting names right and making some incoherent goal calls. I hope she's gotten better, especially because I would like to see a woman doing play-by-play well, but instead it seems like ESPN went and hired someone named Hextall who's wildly inexperienced at this job to be given it on a national stage.
Yea I mostly want to give her the benefit of the doubt but the little I've heard, her delivery ain't great. Cassie Campbell and Kendall Coyne have done pretty good as color commentators so hopefully Hextall can improve as a play-by-play. Right now she's closer to what you would hear from a lower end AHL broadcast.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I absolutely blame the network for that. Taking someone who hasn't done the job before and throwing them onto the biggest stage with little prep or training is asking them to fail.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I absolutely blame the network for that. Taking someone who hasn't done the job before and throwing them onto the biggest stage with little prep or training is asking them to fail.

Sometimes it works if you surround them with an experienced group of scouts and Wilson/Burke are around to make sure the plan goes smoothly. ;)

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Arizona is likely debuting Matias Maccelli tonight - good goal scorer in the AHL, Liiga, and USHL. There's your first NHL goal pick.

Hertl is also expected to be in the lineup. I'm guessing:

Meier - Couture - Barabanov
Gregor - Hertl - Halbgewachs
Cogliano - Bonino - Nieto
Gadjovich - Pederson - Viel

Ferraro - Burns
Middleton - Karlsson
Vlasic - Simek

Reimer
Sawchenko

Balcers, Merkley, Meloche out.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Maccelli out on covid protocol, so forget the potential first NHL goal pick.

SNOG
Sharks 3, Coyotes 1
Couture, Meier, Halbgewachs
Keller

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

Yeah, this is exactly what I've said before about it. Typical ESPN in a lot of ways, and who ends up looking bad (to most, that is)? She does, while they can feel self-satisfied.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The lines tonight are hilariously awful. I’m sure Hertl always dreamed of centering Nieto and Gregor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->