Describe this season in GIF form

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
tenor.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I can see every other GIF on this thread, but not yours. I’d like to be able to but don’t know what keeps your images from showing up.

When you click "copy file location" or whatever on an image, you usually get a link to the image directly, ie the file path will end in .jpg, or .gif or whatever. Images hosted on Giphy, a popular gif site gives you a link to the webpage the file is hosted on. Google chrome webbrowser can interpret and display it as the image. other browsers cannot.

So Lord Helix is pasting the following: ht***://media1.giphy.com/media/26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0/200.webp?cid=3640f6095bc8cbb32e5a54423607f139
Which gives you:
200.webp

For every brower to read it, he would need to post: https://i.giphy.com/26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0.gif
That gives you:
26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0.gif

If you use Firefox, you can right click the "IMG" and click view image. On Edge, its not worth the hassle to find the link. Just open a different browser.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
When you click "copy file location" or whatever on an image, you usually get a link to the image directly, ie the file path will end in .jpg, or .gif or whatever. Images hosted on Giphy, a popular gif site gives you a link to the webpage the file is hosted on. Google chrome webbrowser can interpret and display it as the image. other browsers cannot.

So Lord Helix is pasting the following: ht***://media1.giphy.com/media/26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0/200.webp?cid=3640f6095bc8cbb32e5a54423607f139
Which gives you:
200.webp

For every brower to read it, he would need to post: https://i.giphy.com/26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0.gif
That gives you:
26tnnpcYVRNJGlHy0.gif

And where is that link located?

I see...

Short Link: Angry Better Call Saul GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

GIF Link: Angry Better Call Saul GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

HTML5 Video: Angry Better Call Saul GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Right click and Copy Image Address: Angry Better Call Saul GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

If you go to the actually giphy page and click copy picture location, as opposed to doing so from a google image search, it should come out with the file location and not the webpage.

Your second link, if inserted as an image would actually show properly for everyone, as it is an actual .gif file.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
If you go to the actually giphy page and click copy picture location, as opposed to doing so from a google image search, it should come out with the file location and not the webpage.

Your second link, if inserted as an image would actually show properly for everyone, as it is an actual .gif file.

I visit the giphy website every time...

Basically, you're saying to do Copy link address instead of Copy image address? If that's the case, this should be an easy fix from here on.

Old way: CIA
200w.webp

New way: CLA
hacker_cat_at_it_again_taking_over_the_webs

GIF Link:
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->