Player Discussion Derrick Pouliot, Pt. II: Will not be qualified (again)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I agree at this stage Delzaster and Biega are likely better than Pouliot. EG has sucked but I still think he is an acceptable number 6. He just needs someone steady beside him
Somebody steady like a #2 Edler will probably make anybody more steady as a #6 in 3rd pairing minutes though (except Bieksa - man was that a horrid pairing).

Leave those "steady ones" with prospects coming up like Juolevi.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Well we have a terrible defence. Green doesn’t have much to work with. Does Hutton actually get more ice time then Tanev? That’s ****ed. Maybe it’s due to tanevs injury history
We’re talking about average ice time per hand according to Foxsports stats.
If anything, Tanev’s injury should boost his stats but nope
Green rides Hutton a lot and this org trusts him rightfully so

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
We’re talking about average ice time per hand according to Foxsports stats.
If anything, Tanev’s injury should boost his stats but nope
Green rides Hutton a lot and this org trusts him rightfully so
I don’t think it’s a secret that they have shopped him multiple times. He is a polarizing player. He flashes top 4 play and then has Pouliot moments. At least he isn’t fat anymore

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I don’t think it’s a secret that they have shopped him multiple times. He is a polarizing player. He flashes top 4 play and then has Pouliot moments. At least he isn’t fat anymore

Lol Hutton has shown no signs this season of being anywhere near as bad as Pouliot this season. He's been fantastic this season, especially now that he's been freed of playing with Gudbranson. Him and Stecher have been really good together.

Reactions: travis scott

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Lol Hutton has shown no signs this season of being anywhere near as bad as Pouliot this season. He's been fantastic this season, especially now that he's been freed of playing with Gudbranson. Him and Stecher have been really good together.
Did you watch the game last night? He had two Pouliots. He still has his share of disastrous giveaways. “Fantastic” wow

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Did you watch the game last night? He had two Pouliots. He still has his share of disastrous giveaways. “Fantastic” wow

Nobody's perfect. Even the best defensemen make mistakes. Regardless, taking into consideration the entire body of work this season, Hutton has been great.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
They shopped him last season because he was shite, not anymore now but it’s okay, you can keep spinning

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Poo stinks at hockey, period. He just makes so many dumb plays that leave you scratching your head. Easily in the running for worst Dman in the league. Same with No-Gud-branson. Worst duo in the league, and by a mile.

Then we have Granlund and Schaller trying their hardest to claim the title of worst forward in the league, and doing a damn Gud job of it.

Bampot Benning is going to extend Granny and Poo before the end of this season. No-Gud's next deal scares the hell out of me, but first he has to play out his current putrid contract. If we are at all lucky, Shaller might be waived, but lets be real here...

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Poo stinks at hockey, period. He just makes so many dumb plays that leave you scratching your head. Easily in the running for worst Dman in the league. Same with No-Gud-branson. Worst duo in the league, and by a mile.

Then we have Granlund and Schaller trying their hardest to claim the title of worst forward in the league, and doing a damn Gud job of it.

Bampot Benning is going to extend Granny and Poo before the end of this season. No-Gud's next deal scares the hell out of me, but first he has to play out his current putrid contract. If we are at all lucky, Shaller might be waived, but lets be real here...
I guarantee you Pouliot isn’t a Canucks next season.
Why? Because one thing JB knows is to move on from bad fringe player he signed. Barkwoski, Larson, Skille, Megna....etc...the list goes on
Pouliot was bad last season don’t get me wrong, but now he is atrocious

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I guarantee you both Granlund and Pouliot aren’t Canucks next season.
Why? Because one thing JB knows is to move on from bad fringe player he signed. Barkwoski, Larson, Skille, Megna....etc...the list goes on

Pouliot, Gudbranson, and Granlund were all complete garbage in 17-18, all were free agents, and all were brought back with big raises.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You’re spinning the idea of this org doesn’t trust him and has been shopping him
That’s fact, not a spin at all. Maybe this has changed. Neither of us know for sure. Anyways, this isn’t a Hutton thread. I dont like him but he is far from the biggest issue on our defence. This all started because I said he was a bottom pairing player on a decent team. Not exactly a hot take. Our D sucks so he is playing in the top 4

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That’s fact, not a spin at all. Maybe this has changed. Neither of us know for sure. Anyways, this isn’t a Hutton thread. I dont like him but he is far from the biggest issue on our defence. This all started because I said he was a bottom pairing player on a decent team. Not exactly a hot take. Our D sucks so he is playing in the top 4
No, it started when you said “This org doesn’t trust him” when this org has not trust him this much ever before

Move on

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
No, it started when you said “This org doesn’t trust him” when this org has not trust him this much ever before

Move on
My first post regarding Hutton was in response to somebody saying “Hutton and Stecher” are the future. I thought that was hilarious. Maybe they trust him and value him now. No idea. I guess we will see if and when they trade or resign him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad