Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Everybody Panic!!!

images

:help:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
This thread reeks of the Nylander threads from last fall. People forget how good the guy actually is. The fact that he will be playing third pairing, missing 1/4 of the season and playing catch up will most likely decrease his AAV and increase his odds of staying.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't think Muzzin will be playing the right side. Looked poor doing so last year and hasnt played the right side much in his career. That is also going to be quite expensive to resign all of Muzzin, Barrie and Dermott.
He can’t play that side. Sutter laughed when he asked about it shortly after the trade last year.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
This thread reeks of the Nylander threads from last fall. People forget how good the guy actually is. The fact that he will be playing third pairing, missing 1/4 of the season and playing catch up will most likely decrease his AAV and increase his odds of staying.
He wont get any PP time and also likely won't point up that many points at ES given his likely limited role so he should be a cheap AAV bridge or 5 year deal.

He also may end up as expansion bait depending on what format the leafs pick and what happens to guys like Kap

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Wishing for the bazillionth time that either Dermott or Sandin were right handed.....

Rielly-Sandin (RHD)
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Liljegren

Done and doner......

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Funny that people took this thread as panic, I just didnt see any recent threads about Dermott and this is a massively important year for him so I wanted to hear peopled thoughts.

He regressed at RD. He is a LD and needs that position to advance. What kind of development is changing a developing player over to a new side mid stream? Its careless, thoughtless and flat out stupid.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Well he looked awful last season when we switched him.
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the combination of injuries and having the ticking time bomb that is Jake Gardiner as his defensive partner for most of the season...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the combination of injuries and having the ticking time bomb that is Jake Gardiner as his defensive partner for most of the season...

I'm sure if you were asked to write with your opposite hand you would be just fine, just fine doing your job the opposite way lightsol. Right? Have you played D? Have you switched sides in the OHL or higher? Yeah. Thanks for sharing.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Jake Gardiner is honestly one of the better D man to have beside you....league wide. The guy moves the puck up the ice like few other Dman in the game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Jake Gardiner is honestly one of the better D man to have beside you....league wide. The guy moves the puck up the ice like few other Dman in the game.
None of our defensemen throughout the years seemed to find chemistry with him..

Reactions: kb

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
None of our defensemen throughout the years seemed to find chemistry with him..

He was actually good with Dion. Basically turned him into a tradeable piece for us. Also, he made everyone we put with him better and that's something you can back with stats.

Dermott also was learning from him, using some of his techniques last year until he was put in the right side.

Sep 18, 2009
He was actually good with Dion. Basically turned him into a tradeable piece for us. Also, he made everyone we put with him better and that's something you can back with stats.
Only Gardiner stat I remember is Game 7 losses

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Play him with Reilly. He's a great player. Sign him long-term.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I'm sure if you were asked to write with your opposite hand you would be just fine, just fine doing your job the opposite way lightsol. Right? Have you played D? Have you switched sides in the OHL or higher? Yeah. Thanks for sharing.

Except didn’t he play right side all the way through junior and even in r the ahl?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Dermott puts up offense like Cody Ceci, only one had faced the best opposition on one of the worst clubs in his own end, and Dermott was spoon-fed easy minutes.
Right now, Dermott has done well, but that's mainly due to the coaching so far. He still has lots to prove, but a 5/6 spots is all his. But he's not anywhere near top-4
yet.

Reactions: kb

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dermott puts up offense like Cody Ceci, only one had faced the best opposition on one of the worst clubs in his own end, and Dermott was spoon-fed easy minutes.
Right now, Dermott has done well, but that's mainly due to the coaching so far. He still has lots to prove, but a 5/6 spots is all his. But he's not anywhere near top-4
yet.

Will he ever? When you're bouncing sides and have unstable partners that constantly change? Maybe they should order the D different to help these kids develop. Sandin may as well get some top 4 duty when holding comfortable leads etc. Dermott as well when back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->