Injury Report: Dermott

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
They should force professional sports to be under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The foot is a very tender part of the body filled with nerves and blood vessels...even if there's no broken bones, which is a big positive in Dermott's case, there will be swelling...and that takes time to heal.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Good news will be if we see Borgy back , real bad news we had to lose Dermott to get him back in the lineup , Zaits could take another break , we really need some toughness on the back end in the playoffs .If Andy had taken that shot to the head McBackup took he would have missed the next month and we had nobody in the lineup to stand up .

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Let's hope for the best!

What pisses me off on the play is that its the interference / cross-check by Tanev that knocks Dermott off balance and contributes to him being vulnerable!

I have brought this up several times that despite other incidental calls that are being made (lil hooks, minor slash, etc), cross-checking continues to be ignored which often leads to scoring chances or in this case, an injury! Looks like the puck would have went in if it didn't hit Dermy.

Maple Leafs' Travis Dermott leaves game vs. Jets after blocking shot - Sportsnet.ca

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dermott is probably day to day with an upper body injury. That's my guess on the eventual news.

Day to day = Every injury
Upper body = screw off, we're not telling you even if it's obvious

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

AustrianHockeyfan

Sep 7, 2015
Austria
Crazy how his season went from being in the ahl to hopefully he is fit for the first playoff game as he is so damn important to our defense. So happy for him!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let's hope for the best!

What pisses me off on the play is that its the interference / cross-check by Tanev that knocks Dermott off balance and contributes to him being vulnerable!

I have brought this up several times that despite other incidental calls that are being made (lil hooks, minor slash, etc), cross-checking continues to be ignored which often leads to scoring chances or in this case, an injury! Looks like the puck would have went in if it didn't hit Dermy.

Maple Leafs' Travis Dermott leaves game vs. Jets after blocking shot - Sportsnet.ca

That cross check to the back was quite vicious. Tanev should have paid for that with some missing teeth.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Kristen Shilton
@kristen_shilton

Travis Dermott is not on the ice for #Leafs morning skate. Left Saturday’s game with a lower-body injury in the first period and did not return. Thus far, Toronto hasn’t recalled anyone to replace Dermott.
10:27 AM · Apr 2, 2018

Jonas Siegel
@jonassiegel

Completely redesigned defence pairs for the Leafs this morning with no Travis Dermott on the ice: Rielly-Carrick Hainsey-Zaitsev Gardiner-Polak

Last edited:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Great news, happy that he's going to gain some valuable experience in the playoffs. Might be a break out period for him if he takes advantage of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->