Proposal: Dermott for Pesce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Doesn't really help the Canes much.

Infact, they get worse and save money that they don't need to save.

I wouldn't say the Canes would get worse, Dermott has been pretty steady for his age. 22 and in his first full season. This deal would be a no go just for the simple fact swapping a D for a D wouldn't help both teams.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I wouldn't say the Canes would get worse, Dermott has been pretty steady for his age. 22 and in his first full season. This deal would be a no go just for the simple fact swapping a D for a D wouldn't help both teams.

They get worse because they give up a better defenseman for a worse defenseman

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Don’t get me wrong I think dermott is a good player but no way would you get pesce one for one.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

They quite clearly get worse.

When I offer you fifty cents for your one dollar... who gets the worse end of that deal?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I would disagree.

1) He'd be bottom pairing on Carolina behind Slavin and CDH. Strengthening the bottom pairing at the expense of a top 4 D makes the team worse.
2) I like Dermott, but he still hasn't faced the level of competition that Pesce has and shown he can handle that load like Pesce has shown for multiple years. Pesce, right now, is a better player. That may change down the road as Dermott is 2 years younger and I think he has more offensive potential than Pesce, but right now, that's not the case.

I agree though, that it makes no sense swapping D for D. From a Canes POV, they need a forward back if they are trading one of their RHD and this doesn't accomplish that. Toronto fills one hole and creates 1 hole (particularly when Gardiner is gone next year). They also need Dermott's low cap hit right now.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
They quite clearly get worse.

When I offer you fifty cents for your one dollar... who gets the worse end of that deal?

I don't think it's clear, it will be clear after next year when Dermott slots into the second D pairing after Gardiner's departure. Dermott is 22 in only his first full season. At the end of the day the Canes only lose out because they don't need D.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Carolina needs to add + stop their bush league antics in order for Toronto to grace them with Dermott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad