Derick Brassard's potential is....

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

On what line is Derick Brassard gonna play on, once he joins the the Jacket ????? What do you think about a Nash/Brassard/Brule line ???? (even thought Brule is listed as a center).

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
First and obviously not going to happen for a few years yet. If everything goes right though I'm guessing

Brassard and Nash are on a line 1A and Brule is the center peice of line 1B.

X0ssbar

I think Brassard is at least one year away from cracking the lineup. If he continues to develop as predicted he should be an AHLer next year (assuming he's old enough) and see some spot duty w/ the big club. I look for him to be a regular NHLer in two years time -- especially since Fedorov will be coming off the books then.

Of course Brassard could come into camp this year or next and earn a spot but that's highly unlikely given that the CBJ actually have some depth to work w/ now and can be more patient w/ their picks.

I would say a projected lineup 3 years from now for the top 6 would look something like this (if your just considering current players and prospects -- i.e. no UFAs or trades which there will inevitably be by then)

Nash Brule Pineault/Fritsche
Picard Brassard Zherdev

Something like that anways. I could also see Nash playing w/ Brassard and Brule w/ Z.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
I think his potential is a 85-90 point 1st line forward that will get 50+ Assists. But this appears to not be your question anyways... I'll leave the rest to the Jacket Fans :)

OhioGuy

May 26, 2006
I think Brassard is at least one year away from cracking the lineup. If he continues to develop as predicted he should be an AHLer next year (assuming he's old enough) and see some spot duty w/ the big club. I look for him to be a regular NHLer in two years time -- especially since Fedorov will be coming off the books then.

Of course Brassard could come into camp this year or next and earn a spot but that's highly unlikely given that the CBJ actually have some depth to work w/ now and can be more patient w/ their picks.

I would say a projected lineup 3 years from now for the top 6 would look something like this (if your just considering current players and prospects -- i.e. no UFAs or trades which there will inevitably be by then)

Nash Brule Pineault/Fritsche
Picard Brassard Zherdev

Something like that anways. I could also see Nash playing w/ Brassard and Brule w/ Z.

Looks pretty good to me. Whatever the line combo's end up being, Brule and Brassard are going to be the #1 and #2 center for sure in about 2 years.

The top lines will look something like what TS has posted:

Nash-Brule-(This spot will most likely be a FA, and with Federov off the books, we will have about $6 mil to spend, maybe Gagne or Gomez :))
Zherdev-Brassard-(This spot could also be a FA, not a $6 mil. man though. I tend to think that this spot could be occupied by either Pineault or Picard. I think Fritsche will continue to occupy the 3rd line until he has his breakout season.)

Either way, I like the look of the Jackets top 6 for the next 3-5 years :yo:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
First and obviously not going to happen for a few years yet. If everything goes right though I'm guessing

Brassard and Nash are on a line 1A and Brule is the center peice of line 1B.

I'm not that high on Brassard, and felt he was picked a little too high. Sheppard would have been a way nicer pick IMO. IMO Brassard ends up as a second liner, who is a border line first liner. BTW I would rather have Brule with Nash, and Brassard on the second line unless they want a pure playmaker in Brassard with Nash, and a physical all around forward in Brule with Zherdev.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I'm not that high on Brassard, and felt he was picked a little too high. Sheppard would have been a way nicer pick IMO. IMO Brassard ends up as a second liner, who is a border line first liner. BTW I would rather have Brule with Nash, and Brassard on the second line unless they want a pure playmaker in Brassard with Nash, and a physical all around forward in Brule with Zherdev.

I still keep my opinion. I don't see Brassard hitting 90 points like a lot of you think. I see more of 70 points on average. Hey who knows Brassard may change my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad