Derick Brassard vs. Claude Giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Brassard shoots left, Giroux shoots right. Brassard has a better shot and better vision...Giroux is more creative, Brassard is faster..

They arent very similar.

Its like comparing Briere with Tanaguay or Gagne.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Giroux 1988 born at 17y/o - 69gp, 39g, 64a, 103pts
Brassard 1987 born at 17 y/o - 69gp, 25g, 51a, 76pts

hmm.. ask this question around the same time next year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Giroux 1988 born at 17y/o - 69gp, 39g, 64a, 103pts
Brassard 1987 born at 17 y/o - 69gp, 25g, 51a, 76pts

hmm.. ask this question around the same time next year.

Stats are for people who dont know what they are talking about.

Also, that was before the crackdown was in order...extra 3-4 PP's a game add up.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
never claimed I did, I was pointing out something, and suggesting maybe ask this same question next season.

Brassard is less than 4 months older than Giroux. It's nowhere near a year difference as you suggest and they are closer to being the same age than they are to be year apart by a pretty fair margin. Comparing their 2005-06 seasons is a much fairer comparison, in which case even in a pure stat comparison, Brassard wins pretty handily.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Giroux's learning curve is the thing that i'm most impressed with. He goes from undrafted in the Q, to star Q player, first round pick, and now he's scoring nearly 1.5 GPG and leading the Q in scoring. I was actually looking forward to comparing him with Brassard this season so I hope he gets healthy and we can compare what they can do.

Can someone give me an idea of the caliber of players around these two? I know the Q is extremely high scoring, but I don't see many big name prospects on the top of the Q scoring list.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I always liked him a lot... I really wanted the habs to draft him, I even picked him for the habs in a mock draft with Duff88. Giroux is a very skilled player with a good work ethic. IMO, he's going to be a good player in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad