Derick Brassard -- draft range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He is tied for 5th in Q scoring with 2 points per game and is carrying Drummondville.

44-34-54-88, 70 PIM, +14

I would say he goes in the 8-10 range in the draft... I would say 8th behind Johnson, Kessel, Toews, Staal, Backstrom, Mueller and Frolik.

How high do you think he will go?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
some team could fall in love with him.

Could go from 6-15 imo.

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
From my 5th hand knowledge, I think he would go higher in a fantasy rookie draft than the entry draft, just because his offensive upside is said to be higher, and it's his defensive game that is pulling him back to the range he's being projected in.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Chrisd said:
some team could fall in love with him.

Could go from 6-15 imo.

Exactly, a team would have to pull a SJ (trading up to land the guy they could have gotten from their initial daft spot) move for him to go really early in my oppinion. (Top 10 I doubt, but Top 15 is likely)

Undoubtably there are alot of teams who would love to draft him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
he wont break the top 20 IMO, not a good enough skater. But, he will be a top 5 player from the draft.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
hockeyman28 said:
he wont break the top 20 IMO, not a good enough skater. But, he will be a top 5 player from the draft.
He will be in the top 20 easily, very likely top 15, and possibly top 12, maybe top 10. IMO their is no way he lasts till 21.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
hockeyman28 said:
He's a fine skater by all means. Not a speed demon, but he has a very shifty and efficient stride. It reminds me a bit of Bergeron's style.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Brassard has the rest of the hockey calendar to make his case. A team like Edmonton has never shied away from taking an offensive player who might have some defensive issues, even if somewhat undersized. If Edmonton had been picking at 15 instead of 25 last year, Cogliano would likely have been the #15 pick. Truth of the matter is Brassard could just as easily be a top 10 pick or a late first rounder. All depends on where teams have him ranked when their turn rolls around. We've currently got Brassard at #14 at younggunshockey.com.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hockeyman28 said:

????

He is by far one of the best skaters in the entire QMJHL.

I would say he would be top 3-4 skater among the top 60 prospects.

He has Simon Gagne/Alex Tanguay like speed.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
BRASSARD HAS TO GO TO MONTREAL! BRASSARD + LATENDRESSE IS KILLING THE Q, GIVE THEM A FEW MORE YEARS AND THEY WILL KILL THE BIG LEAGUE!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Sticky*

That's funny, I was actually just going to write a repsonse comparing him to Simon Gagne, when Gagne played in the Q. Not saying he is going to turn out as good as Gagne, but Brassard looks eerily familiar to Gagne in junior.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Sticky said:
That's funny, I was actually just going to write a repsonse comparing him to Simon Gagne, when Gagne played in the Q. Not saying he is going to turn out as good as Gagne, but Brassard looks eerily familiar to Gagne in junior.

Except that their respective draft year numbers are quite different.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Good chance he will end up in Montreal. Given they will be drafting around mid round

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sticky said:

More of a passer. I compare him more to Tanguay...pass first. Where as Gagne is a sniper.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
Except that their respective draft year numbers are quite different.
Brassard is a late bday though.

At 17:

Brassard - 69GP 29G 51A 76PTS
Gagne - 53GP 30G 39A 59PTS

AT 18:

Brassard - 49GP 37G 60A 97PTS (if he were to play 61 games: 46G 75A 121PTS
Gagne - 61GP 50G 70A 120PTS

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
When I read the title of this thread I thought maybe somewhere in the 10-15 range, give or take a couple spots in either direction. I haven't really read anything to dissuade me from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad