Player Discussion Derick Brassard, Analytics Darling

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tell me something, why is that important to some people how they do head to head? Does it really measure whether one is better than the other or who wins the trade which is what seemed to be implied? I don't think so, I don't think it means anything really. What's more important is how the team does & not how individual's do.

Well, when comparing players, you compare the individuals, not the teams...

Brassard had an unreal series vs. Boston, but other then his tying goal in game 5 he was invisible.

We aren't complaining, as my post says, but if we are asking who played better this series (which was the question asked), it's easily Zibanejad.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Brassard - 14-2 on faceoffs, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 drawn penalties, 4 hits.

Brassard number 6 in playoff points in last 5 years.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
You know, Ryan said it took him a long time to get comfortable with the way Boucher wanted the team to play. It wouldn't surprise me if Brassard had some troubles acclimating to the new way of playing, at least offensively, as he came from a very offensive-minded way of playing in New York. He didn't have the kind of production I'm sure he would have wanted but from day one I've been happy with his defensive game and his speed.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It's funny because on that 1st period setup from Ryan I think or Mac, where Brass shot it about two feet high and wide, I said out loud "so much for Big Game Brass." Boy did I jump the gun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->