Derek Stepan Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Oh crap I did not even think about losing the Step behind the mic series. That sucks. Now I want him back. I loved those videos. :)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Game 7 OT goal vs Washington is something I will never forget.

Was sitting up top behind the goal. Think it's the most fun I've had at a game ever. Can replay that sequence in my head if I close my eyes.

Gonna miss Step.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
You were fantastic for the Rangers Step.. all the best in Arizona, have no doubt that you'll be fantastic for them as well.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Was at the game he scored with second left against the caps during the playoffs, scoring that clutch goal will always be with me. Love you Steps and good luck in Arizona!!

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Really going to miss this guy. Been my favorite Ranger since he joined the team.

Let's hope Arizona doesn't pull an Anaheim and trade him to a division rival lol really want to root for him in Arizona.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Crazy how fast time flies. Seems like just a few years ago he was a rookie in camp with McD.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Seems like just 6 years, 8 months, and 14 days ago he gave us that inaugural hat trick.

I'll miss you Derek. Helped contribute to a turning point for this franchise with our recent runs. Good luck in AZ. :(

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
A very good Ranger, whose 1st line responsibilities had us hoping for him to be great. That was asking a little too much for him. Loved his leadership, and especially loved his play during the shortened lockout year. He was almost a point per game, and I thought he might be moving up to the next level. Even so, he was remarkably consistent since then (points were 57/55/53/55). His hat trick debut and the Game 7 goal against Washington were two of my favorite moments of the past decade.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Going to be alot different around these parts withought Steps. Probably one of my favorites but I gotta be honest as much as I loved his contributions, his play was slipping and he was too slow for the style of play Rangers want to have.

He had some big moments tho as a few of y'all have mentioned(the Game 7 OT winner vs Caps being the most memorable for me). His leadership tho will likley be missed even more than what is being let out. He really was the defacto captain of the Rangers and not Mac so much despite his having the "C".

Steps was always the guy who tried to get the boys rolling when they looked dead out there on the ice. And he was one of the few Rangers who put the onus on himself to face the media and tell it like it is.

Also his "Stepen Behind the Mic" stuff was laugh out loud funny ****. Going to miss that alot. Not sure who can take over it but I'm betting on Zucc.

So yeah he's going to be missed. But I admit to feeling a bit excited as to see how all the new cap space is going to be spent. I'm excited to see who we draft tonight. And finally I'm excited about the prospects for DeAngelo.

I said it a bunch of times during this past season and last year but I really do trust GMJG and his decision making skills. And just as importantly his evaluations skills. I've liked pretty much 95% of the things he has done and this deal is part of that 95%.

I truly believe Gorton is not going to muck things up as some have said on the "Stepan trade" thread. In fact, I think most of us are going to be quite excited about the team heading into next year as I have a very good feeling that Gorton's offseason moves are going to be very positive.

Good luck Derek...we'll miss you here in Rangerland.

Last edited:

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA

Sad for sure!! He's gonna thrive in Arizona!! :handclap: :yo:

Easily my in my top 2 or 3 of best Ranger memories in my lifetime.

At the time, I was working for the Mariners in Seattle and we were hosting clients in a suite during the game. When my guys showed up, I said "I'll be hanging around watching the game if you need me". When the Rangers scored they jumped out of their chairs and I had to walk out of the suite to celebrate. I'll never forget that. Also, one of m coworkers in the suite was a Caps fan, so that was funny.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Stepan was a good Ranger. He played hard every shift. He may be one of the smartest hockey minds to ever come through the Garden. I'll never forget his first NHL game when he scored a hat trick, nor will I forget the GWG against Washington in the playoffs. He will help mold the young players on the Coyotes for years to come.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I'll take a Derek Stepan on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Going to be difficult to replace all of the ways he contributed to the team's recent successes.

SirGoose

honk honk
Jan 11, 2009
golf course
he was my favorite ranger and is/will continue to be my favorite player in the league.

cant wait to get a yotes stepan jersey

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Change is inevitable but it's like another fixture removed.
I liked Stepan since day one, since before day one when he showed me what he had in the WJC.
Going to miss him a lot and I wish him the best of the best (except against NYR).

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hell of a run for a second rounder. Can't believe how long it has been already. Good luck in AZ and tell Whiskers to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad