Confirmed with Link: Derek Stepan: 1year, $1.35 million

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So apparently he was on Spittin Chicklets talking about how he drinks a six pack a night during the season, and AZ fans talk about how he had an influence on other players to relax and enjoy yourself which was detrimental last season.

Interesting group this season. One thing I like is that both Tony and Smith (Cole too) scrap a bit, as that is something we’ve been missing. Not the actual fighting but the concept of standing up for each other more. Vets bring attitudes with them though. It’ll be a different locker room. Once Willy moved on as well as a couple of other guys I’ve felt the team was pretty vanilla. I don’t know about that this year, for better or worse.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You don't know shit. And I don't know shit either. And anybody else on this message board pretending otherwise is just fooling themselves. Stepan could be told to pack his shit and get out on the first day of training camp. Or he could be the second coming of Matt Cullen revitalizing his career at age 30+ after a few years of crappy production. We just plain old don't know, unless you've got a time machine.

I mean you can apply that logic towards every situation, and nullify each and every opinion expressed and the entire purpose for HF Boards to even exist.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
You will be very happy with him if he's your 4th line C that can take the occasional important draws.

But don't expect any physicality, or skating past anyone.

Hes an awful skater but very smart positionally

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
You will be very happy with him if he's your 4th line C that can take the occasional important draws.

But don't expect any physicality, or skating past anyone.

Hes an awful skater but very smart positionally

I’m thinking based on where he’s at in his career, the other centers in front of him and his salary number that he was signed to be the 4C. I imagine he gets a good dose of PK minutes and probably some spot PP duty as a guy who can take draws on the right side outside of Trocheck.

Brind’Amour is probably in heaven with the bottom 6 revamp, full of vets now.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m thinking based on where he’s at in his career, the other centers in front of him and his salary number that he was signed to be the 4C. I imagine he gets a good dose of PK minutes and probably some spot PP duty as a guy who can take draws on the right side outside of Trocheck.

Brind’Amour is probably in heaven with the bottom 6 revamp, full of vets now.

He looks to be a much better fit with you guys than he was in Ottawa where he was totally out of place as we forced him to try and be our number 2 C.

Hard to not cheer for the Canes this year. Such a likeable team and fan base. Good luck!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Best signing of the offseason for Carolina. Will put up 30-40 points by the trade deadline and be worth a 2nd. The Canes haven't had a playmaker C like him in recent years.
Wasn’t there an argument a few years back with that poster Kyle and someone else about Stepan vs. Jordan Staal and who was a better playmaker? Or am I misremembering?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Some of these descriptions kinda remind me of Derek Ryan. Slow, smart, good positionally and decent passer but not fast/strong enough to accomplish much else? I don't think I've seen Stepan play at all since he was a Ranger... for anyone who has does that seem close?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If I drank a six-pack every night, when I got up the next day I’d have to PP2!
I honestly have spent today too much time pondering how many of the six Stepan can intake before he needs to pee.

What size is the American sixpack? Ours would be about 2 liters, 6 x 0.33. You know why.

edit: 6 x 355 ml, abouts.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
355 ml is 12 ounces, which is the typical American beer can size for children and candyasses. I go with tallboys mahself, which is 16 ounces or more (I have a 24-oz pineapple cider can in the fridge right now)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad