Derek Roy's Future Impact?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by WADEugottaBELAKthat, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WADEugottaBELAKthat

WADEugottaBELAKthat Flynt Flossy

1st, 2nd, or 3rd liner?

How many average points per year?

How many times have you watched him play?

2. Lord Stanley

Lord Stanley Revoluccion Leader

making soup
    Home Page:
    My geuss is Derek Roy is a future 2nd liner that will put up 40 or 50 points a year 20 - 25 goals a year.

3. Steelerman

Steelerman Registered User

Home Page:
    I was able to see Roy play a couple of games against Manitoba earlier this month (before he got called up) and I really liked what he was doing. He showed a lot more offensive skill than what I was anticipating (scored two goals, both high-quality). I always liked his work ethic and his energy (he, Paille and Tootoo were quite the line at last year's WJC). He did make one error in his own end (flipped the puck up the middle instead of off the glass in OT) that cost Rochester the Friday game, but that can be corrected with experience.

I believe Lord Stanley is correct in forecasting a 2nd line job and about 50 points and 20-25 goals. I think the Sabres would be satisfied with him as a third liner and 35-40 points too, but it appears he's capable of doing more if given some decent line-mates.

4. HOCKEY_GURU

HOCKEY_GURU Registered User

Home Page:
    I think I'm a bit more Optimistic for Roy, I would say he has 60-70 point potential ..if all goes well and he has great linemates and plays in key situations perhaps higher :yo:

5. Mike8

Mike8 Registered User

Home Page:
    He didn't play on that line.

Regarding the original question of this thread, I see Roy as being capable of the 50-60 point mark as a second liner, but I wouldn't write first liner abilities off with him. He's got the grit, desire, quickness and creativity to generate offense and make things happen. Regardless of what line he plays, he'll be a top six forward who's versatile and can generate offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.