Injury Report: Derek MacKenzie 10/6/18 (upper-body injury), day-to-day

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
LOL I did say we might see some of our prospects sooner than later once we had some injuries, but I didn't expect it to last less than a game...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It´s interisting that all the Players who know this will be their last Season here and can be replaced makes all the Surgerys they needed.

Even funnier that is the thing i alrady said 2 Weeks before. :D

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
A good guy who is respected by his teammates. Unfortunate it is ending this way for him, as with Haley and McGinn.

Juho hasn’t been amazing, but he’ll get better and I suspect he’ll be nicely settled in very soon.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
They're all done? Did I miss something? I was hoping McGinn would be back at some point...

I mean McGinn had surgery and who knows when Haley will be back, if at all. Mac will probably miss several months, and he's retiring at the end of the year anyway, so what's the point. For all intents and purposes, I'm assuming they're done, this isn't info from anywhere. It's not like McGinn is gonna come back and immediately re-enter the lineup.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
They're all done? Did I miss something? I was hoping McGinn would be back at some point...

Didnt they say McGinn is garanty out till Feburary. Do you really thing, its make sense, to get some Player into the System late in the Season. Maybe as a Player for Injuries but not for the Starting Group.
I don´t think if they really planed with McGinn this Season he would do the Surgery. The most Players do it if its a most or the Office tells you take all the Time you need.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
MacK shoulder was a problem for him at end of last season. I guess he tried to gut it out through one last season. Perhaps this is a way to keep him out of the line up in as respectful a way as possible. His days here are through, but treating him as many advocate would only fortify the believe that this is a shitty organization that is espoused by those same people.
MacK takes a lot of shit here from those who can't see his contributions to this team during his time here. Let his time here end with the respect fitting a former Captain

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
MacK shoulder was a problem for him at end of last season. I guess he tried to gut it out through one last season. Perhaps this is a way to keep him out of the line up in as respectful a way as possible. His days here are through, but treating him as many advocate would only fortify the believe that this is a ****ty organization that is espoused by those same people.
MacK takes a lot of **** here from those who can't see his contributions to this team during his time here. Let his time here end with the respect fitting a former Captain
That's such bullshit. Mack was universally praised while he was still a decent fourth liner. When his skill level fell off, no one talked shit about the person, only his skills.
I'm all for giving him the Shawn Thornton treatment if that's what he wants.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's not like McGinn is gonna come back and immediately re-enter the lineup.

His body of work suggests he's considerably better than Mamin and Brouwer so I was still holding out. But he probably has an AHL rehab stint and stuff so you're probably right.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I saw today that MacK is out indefinitely. I wonder if this is the end of the road? Probably has something to do also with the captaincy being passed on to Barky.

If so, he had a good career. I thought he really lead by example with the energy and determination that the young core needed to see be brought every night. He didn't have the skill necessarily, but one of the best penalty Killers I've ever seen in a Panthers sweater.

Reactions: Aksu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad