Player Discussion Derek Grant Appreciation Thread

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Cmon. Fowler I can understand. Mahura, okay. Grants goal... Getzlaf scoring 4 goals...

Just annoyed that people keep complaining about player discussion threads as if they are the worst thing. Sorry to take it out on you. I just like these kinda threads especially with how things turned out today.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Complaints about player threads being bumped is like their Lumberg in Office Space complaining about TPS Reports

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Grant scoring a strange goal. Fowler setting a Ducks defenseman record for goals scored. Mahura tying a Ducks defenseman rookie record for points and assists in a single game. Getzlaf scoring goals like he hasn't in a long time.

I'm sorry not sorry that my posting these things that makes me happy and should make all Ducks fans happy is something that causes annoyance to get this kind of response. I just don't understand people whining like that.

Keep doing what you are doing. I Appreciate the posts you make.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
To a point. Goals that are interesting and meaningful, sure. If you want to just post every single goal (which would be cool), then just make a thread titled “goals of the game” and put them all in it. There’s a limit to how many player threads we are going to moderate.

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
To a point. Goals that are interesting and meaningful, sure. If you want to just post every single goal (which would be cool), then just make a thread titled “goals of the game” and put them all in it. There’s a limit to how many player threads we are going to moderate.

Maybe goals of the game and player stats updates..

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It's unbelievable how tough it is for him to get contracts. I mean, he never got 1m. While he plays a honest game, chips 10 per season and is great on the PK. A contract similar to CR would be well deserved. I'd give him something around 4m for 3 years without a hesitation.

Good player and a perfect 4th liner.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Congrats to Grant! 4th line has been one of Anaheim’s positives this year. Looking at his career stats he seems to enjoy playing in Anaheim. Lol

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Sad that I missed watching this, but congrats to him! I really hope Bob locks him up again. For whatever reason he seems to thrive on this team. Give him 2-3 years at a couple mil. Then extend Rowney another season or 2 next summer and it's a nice 4th line tandem for a few years.

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Wow how did Derek Grant get a hat trick?

Also, this is an interesting thread; documenting pretty much his whole history with the Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Keeping him and resigning him wouldn't be bad at all but I think you gotta trade him right now. He might/should bring back a pretty good pick.
Ya trade him for a 4th, then try and resign him in offseason is the best route.

Lot of playoff teams could use a guy like grant on their playoff roster

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Derek Grant has more points than the entire Rangers 4th line combined. Won’t be the Rangers but a lot of other teams will want him. Maybe sit down with him and say hey we want to bring you back in the summer but need to rent you out. Do they risk losing him all together, yeah. But Ducks aren’t going anywhere this year, so it makes more sense to move all the rentals.

I don’t think it’s against the rules to tell a player we want to bring you back in the summer, since they still have their rights at that moment.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s pacing for over 20 goals, I would think he could easily get a 3rd, if not a 2nd. Gaustad once yielded a first at the deadline and while no team will be giving op their first in this draft for Grant, teams do overpay for defensively sound centres who win draws and chip in offensively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s pacing for over 20 goals, I would think he could easily get a 3rd, if not a 2nd. Gaustad once yielded a first at the deadline and while no team will be giving op their first in this draft for Grant, teams do overpay for defensively sound centres who win draws and chip in offensively.
Maybe it just depends on the market.

Id be happy with a 4th, but if we can squeeze a 3rd or even a 2nd that would be great.

I wonder if we package Mdz + grant to a contender for a 2nd.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Yep, many GM's don't like to change their rosters too much before the postseason and are just looking for some depth tweaks. Grant would be a good addition for many teams. This summer is also going to be his chance to cash in finally, and so I don't see him wanting to re-sign in Anaheim. I like Grant a lot, but now is a good time to trade him for futures. The return won't be great, but a late 2nd or an early 3rd round pick (maybe with a mid-level prospect) would be a good trade.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I'm going to disagree with most of you and say that I wouldn't be happy if we traded Grant for a 4th round pick. He is much more valuable to this team than that. He is the perfect 4th liner and can play much higher in the lineup if needed - and produce. He can take the tough match-ups. There have been several nights when he's been our best center. He needs to be resigned, not traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad