Player Discussion Derek Grant Appreciation Thread

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
He is playing great for a bottom 6 guy. Hope he can continue because he seems like a good kid, and will really help our 4th line be effective.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'm impressed as well. Looks like he could be part of an excellent 4th line with wagner.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Give Murray credit, as almost no one saw this signing panning out at the NHL level really. Be interesting to see if he can keep it up and stay in the lineup when Kesler comes back

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Give Murray credit, as almost no one saw this signing panning out at the NHL level really. Be interesting to see if he can keep it up and stay in the lineup when Kesler comes back

Agreed. I didn't think much of Grant when he was signed. I think everyone here thought he was AHL bound eventually.

I didn't think Grant looked good in preseason at all. He's been very solid in a bottom 6 role though. Much, much better than Rasmussen.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yep, Grant has really turned it around. He was pretty awful pre-season and start of the season but he's looked great the last run of games. Didn't think Grant would be the one to pan out and lock down the 4c spot against Rasmussen, but he has at this point. Hopefully he keeps it up, as it would be nice for one of the grinder signings to finally pay off.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
give murray credit for having a backup plan if Rasmussen didn't pan out.

I still feel we need another forward and upgrade to 3c and that was thinking eaves would be playing now.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I feel they are good as a whole, yes grant has been a good surprise, but to me its the line that has been great

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy makes a lot of little/subtle good plays that are hard to notice. He has been awesome!

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Currently riding a 5 game point streak with 5 points total. While being asked to center either our first or second line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Even with being scoreless last night, he has 9 points in last 10 games. That is Getzlaf production :laugh:

Pretty happy to have him. Even when he will see decreased minutes, he has a possibility to be effective, he has pulled some nice moves. I was watching last period vs Canucks and he made a good stickhandling play in his own zone, under a lot of pressure on the penalty kill. So I have an impression that he understands the game well and also can pull of some moves here and there

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I was kind of hoping to see a Nate Thompson 2.0 from Grant. But he's showing a bit more than that. Instead of decent 4 C, he's looking like a good 3 C. He was a great BM type signing.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Always happy for a guy who gets a 2nd lease on life with a new team and takes advantage of the opportunity.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Guy's obviously playing above his head right now (I don't see him becoming a 3c and I sure hope Anaheim aren't banking on him being that), and I expect his performance to dip a bit, but as long as it stays above the level of his previous NHL games before this season then it looks like he'll be a solid 4c and a great replacement for Thompson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad