News Article: Derek Dorsett wants Jordin Tootoo suspended, calls him irrelevant

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Tootoo's actions were the exact reason why I couldn't stand him when he played for the Preds. The Wings have lacked a guy like this for a few years that understands his role and won't let some irrelevant guy try to pull one of our better dman off the ice for 5 minutes. You absolutely hate to play against him but love him on your team. I wish we had an entire fourth line of guys just like him.

I never actually realized how effective he is at his game. I think I spent to much time screaming about his crap then actually watching what he does on a nightly basis.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Tootoo's actions were the exact reason why I couldn't stand him when he played for the Preds. The Wings have lacked a guy like this for a few years that understands his role and won't let some irrelevant guy try to pull one of our better dman off the ice for 5 minutes. You absolutely hate to play against him but love him on your team. I wish we had an entire fourth line of guys just like him.

I never actually realized how effective he is at his game. I think I spent to much time screaming about his crap then actually watching what he does on a nightly basis.

I agree. He brings a lot of attitude and grit to our team. Reminds me of a small Probie. He is also not a bad winger and plays with intensity and finishes EVERY check. He's not the biggest guy on the ice but he fears NOBODY.

crashman

If you need further proof that Tootoo is doing his job, here it is!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
My biggest gripe with Tootoo when he was in Nashville was that he threw punches too early in fights. At times he would start throwing when guys weren't ready and that was borderline the case last night as well.

BTW, Big E and Dorsett have already fought:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXGnlx2JHk

This.

Jackets fan here in peace.

Only having Tootoo for a short while, you guys probably don't know the history between he and Dorse. Their hate for each other goes way back, and you will always see sparks between these two when they are on the ice at the same time. Tootoo was being Tootoo the other night when he jumped in and started throwing punches before Dorse could get set. Go back and look at Tootoo's fights, and you will see this pattern.

Having said that, I think the only reason Dorse said Tootoo was irrelevant was just to keep this whole feud going. Everybody knows that when playing their roles, both Dorse and Toot's are indeed relevant. Otherwise they would not be playing in the NHL. I think both of them have actually improved their hockey game over the years.

I actually like Tootoo. The guys that I hate are guys like Clutterbuck, that stir **** up then run and hide when it's time to back up their actions with their fists.

Good luck to you guys the rest of this short season. I hope when they realign the league that we still play you guys at least a few times a season. If the CBJ can ever actually be good, it would be a fun rivalry.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
This.

Only having Tootoo for a short while, you guys probably don't know the history between he and Dorse. Their hate for each other goes way back, and you will always see sparks between these two when they are on the ice at the same time. Tootoo was being Tootoo the other night when he jumped in and started throwing punches before Dorse could get set. Go back and look at Tootoo's fights, and you will see this pattern.

Having said that, I think the only reason Dorse said Tootoo was irrelevant was just to keep this whole feud going. Everybody knows that when playing their roles, both Dorse and Toot's are indeed relevant. Otherwise they would not be playing in the NHL. I think both of them have actually improved their hockey game over the years.

I actually like Tootoo. The guys that I hate are guys like Clutterbuck, that stir **** up then run and hide when it's time to back up their actions with their fists.

Good luck to you guys the rest of this short season. I hope when they realign the league that we still play you guys at least a few times a season. If the CBJ can ever actually be good, it would be a fun rivalry.

I think Tootoo actually has some pretty good hockey skills and I don't see that in Dorsett. I understand trash talk and you are probably right Dorsett just wants to keep it going. And I absolutely agree on Clutterback.

I think the CBJ / Detroit can be a good one too. I don't think your team is that far off from being a pretty good team. Patience Pilgrim!

CloneHakanPlease*

This.

Stuff like this makes me hope one day the Jackets will be a contender. A lot of good fans on these boards

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The BLUE JACKETS are irrelevant. Although, Toots should have stayed out of that fight. Big E is more than capable of handling himself.

Its not a matter of E being able to handle him self. Big E can't be fighting every Derek Dorsett that the Wings play against. Dorsett went out there specifically to take Big E and him self off the ice for 5 minutes. Its a good trade for the BJ's. If Jack Johnson wants to step up with Big E then Big E can have at it. Its always been the so called code, if you send one of your goons after one of our stars you're going to have to deal with someone. That goes above the, thou must square off for a fair fight rule. We acctually have someone to deal with this sort of crap. I'm glad the days of Bertuzzi being our enforecer are gone.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Tootoo didn't suckerpunch him, but the guy does have a tendency to throw punches early, often surprising his opponent. I get Dorsett's gripe. Calling for a suspension is ****ing hilarious, though. If Tootoo is irrelevant so is Dorsett.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Tootoo didn't suckerpunch him, but the guy does have a tendency to throw punches early, often surprising his opponent. I get Dorsett's gripe. Calling for a suspension is ****ing hilarious, though. If Tootoo is irrelevant so is Dorsett.

Dorsett was ready to go so I'm not worried about it being called a sucker punch.

What would be accurate, however, would be to call Tootoo foolish for taking the extra minor and costing his team a PP goal against. As terrible as the Wings are on special teams, you have to assume that any power play you give up is going to result in a goal. About 50 percent of the time this season, it has. :facepalm:

He should have let Ericsson clean up his own mess. Taking an extra minor <<< keeping Ericsson on the ice for the 5 minutes, even if you're someone that considers Ericsson to be a good defenseman.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Blow your nose some more, Dorsett. I don't think you got the smell of Tootoo's fist out of there.

Also, I love how he *****es about him, in yet he was the one who threw a punch underneath a ref who had Tootoo all tangled up.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
He should have let Ericsson clean up his own mess. Taking an extra minor <<< keeping Ericsson on the ice for the 5 minutes, even if you're someone that considers Ericsson to be a good defenseman.

I think Tootoo saw that a defenseman was getting into it, and being that our defense is half injured as it is, thought it best to jump in. I was fine with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->