News Article: Derek Dorsett wants Jordin Tootoo suspended, calls him irrelevant

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
From the guy with a career high of 20 points. They are the exact same player type. He basically called himself irrelevant.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah he busted his nose, but he should still probably thank Tootoo, Big E would have destroyed him, Ericsson doesn't go often but I cannot remember when he has actually lost. My buddy who plays in the AHL and has fought him said he was a better fighter and hits harder than Downey. Called him the toughest fight he had all year.

By the way as others have pointed out throwing punches once the linesman has been there for as long as he was is against all fighter code too. Those in Glass houses Mr. Dorsett....

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
If anyone knows what irrelevant is, it would be a member of the Columbus Blue Jacket franchise. Contraction what?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I can see he doesn't like the idea of someone jumping in from out of nowhere. That makes sense.

At the same time, he gave his team a power play. Thats a good thing.

Infact, Tootoo giving us powerplays through aggitating and diving is half of his job.
I really don't find fights to be all that productive.

In this instance Ericsson has no chance of being injured as Tootoo took the fight.

GJ.

You got a penalty. Boo.

All things considered, I am happy with what he did. (A little cheap ya, but its against another fighter, so who really cares, there is no real code, suck it up rich chromags)

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
If anyone knows what irrelevant is, it would be a member of the Columbus Blue Jacket franchise. Contraction what?

Legit laugh from me.

Tootoo did nothing wrong, homeboy just didnt like getting his nose broken on the first punch. The extra 2 minutes Tootoo got almost made it NOT worth it, but keeping Ericsson on the ice for 5 mins does.

EDITED: Although, Tootoo should know better who he is defending in this instance. No offence, but Ericsson doesnt need his help, he can handle himself just fine. Again though, an injury depleted defense corp loses Ericsson (a top 4 guy, like it or not) for 5 mins to fight CBJs resident scrub seems to be a good decision on Tootoo's part.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
I can see he doesn't like the idea of someone jumping in from out of nowhere. That makes sense.

At the same time, he gave his team a power play. Thats a good thing.

Infact, Tootoo giving us powerplays through aggitating and diving is half of his job.
I really don't find fights to be all that productive.

In this instance Ericsson has no chance of being injured as Tootoo took the fight.

GJ.

You got a penalty. Boo.

All things considered, I am happy with what he did. (A little cheap ya, but its against another fighter, so who really cares, there is no real code, suck it up rich chromags)

If Tootoo wants to help us, really...he'd AVOID giving us power plays.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Seeing how Dorsett kept on going after Tootoo, he's hardly irrelevant. Irrelevant would be a pure fighter who no one wants to fight, nor cares to chase all night.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
The BLUE JACKETS are irrelevant. Although, Toots should have stayed out of that fight. Big E is more than capable of handling himself.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
The BLUE JACKETS are irrelevant. Although, Toots should have stayed out of that fight. Big E is more than capable of handling himself.

Eh, you want Dorsett taking Ericsson off the ice for 5 mins or Tootoo?

Sucks Tootoo got the extra 2mins, but I understood what he was doing. His mind was certainly in the right place.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
H'okay there, mister throws-punches-after-it's-over.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I saw it.

Tootoo is a cheap shot artist. Dorsett is a cheap shot artist.

One of them has spent his whole career in Columbus, and has not gotten anything accomplished while he's been there. That'd be the tiebreaker.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Unfortunately for us Dorsett was relevant enough to score a goal last night. :/

CloneHakanPlease*

I can see why he'd be upset, but its funny he calls Tootoo Irrelevant when I guarantee you the average fan knows more about Tootoo than Dorsett, if only for his name being fun to say.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Eh, you want Dorsett taking Ericsson off the ice for 5 mins or Tootoo?

Sucks Tootoo got the extra 2mins, but I understood what he was doing. His mind was certainly in the right place.

Do you want to take Ericsson off the ice for 5 minutes or Tootoo AND give the opposition a POWER PLAY. I'll take the the first option.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I actually thought for a moment that Tootoo saw Dorsett mixing it up with his homeboy so he skated in to make his presence felt, saw Dorsett drop his gloves, didn't see Ericsson drop his, figured Dorsett was dropping his gloves to take him on and went for it.

None of that really "works" but I like the story....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad