Derek Dorsett: The Last Canucks Fighter

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The Canucks will sign John Scott as a PR move. I am sure every team in the league is salivating over those July/August headlines.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Virtanen???

Not a fighter. Like Sbisa, he's willing but doesn't actually look for fights. Pedan would be the only other one I can think of.

Fighters have zero impact, team toughness is what's important, just have a backbone, stand up for teammates, don't get intimidated by physical teams, etc.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
He's supposed to be the guy that's keeps other teams from taking liberties on our skilled players, yet he intimidates no one and offers no deterrence to the opposition.
He's supposed to be the guy that brings tireless effort that'll rub off on the younger players, yet for all his try hard effort, he accomplishes nothing.
I want him off the team this summer. He hurts this team more than he helps it.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
So glad we drafted mostly-deaf face-puncher Mackenze Stewart over Joe Hicketts and many other more skilled players that draft ... [/sarcasm]

As for Dorsett, we all knew this was coming. You don't sign these guys to long term deals when they're in their late-20s. They tend to drop off rather quickly. He can't even fight that well.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Arguably the worst contract in the entire NHL....$2.6m cap hit for an undersized winger who's locked into the fourth line and brings zero offense to the table.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Coxe vs the legendary Probert (in his prime):

Coxe vs a noted fighter - Kordic:

Man Coxe had balls, I'll give him that. I started following hockey just around the time Coxe was leaving Vancouver.

Probert almost always got the better of Coxe, but there was no quit in Coxe whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad