Der Spiegel: C. Ronaldo confessed to have had non-consensual sex in 2009 document

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The side of someone trying to dig the truth out of a situation where powerful people have a huge interest in not letting that truth come to light?
Really? I have no interest in Ronaldo. I don't care about the Spanish leagues and he hasn't joined his home country team yet, so I don't need to defend him.

The writer says her side. How hard it must be for her. Everything.

Nothing has been proven yet but he's using his position with bias. Simple as that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Really? I have no interest in Ronaldo. I don't care about the Spanish leagues and he hasn't joined his home country team yet, so I don't need to defend him.

The writer says her side. How hard it must be for her. Everything.

Nothing has been proven yet but he's using his position with bias. Simple as that.

Please demonstrate where he says "how hard it must be for her" the way you just wrote it. The only "bias" I'm seeing from the thread you referenced is defending the journalism wherein he states they have hundreds of documents of which they've put forth the ones they consider key. This very clearly isn't an opinion piece and any bias (again, I'd like to see it) is surely based on the evidence they supposedly have.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyway, apparently a few other women's claims about Ronaldo are being looked into. I haven't seen much more than headlines. While Der Spiegel's case seems well put together with what looks to be some damning evidence, a false claim from someone else could make Mayorga's claim seem less credible.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Video of them dancing together have (obviously) resurfaced.

Mayorga? There were pictures of them together when the story first broke (this time round when they named her). It's not proof, but it adds to the stack of evidence and it doesn't look good.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah but this time you see them dance together.
Which obviously doesn't mean it wasn't a rape but will mean so to plenty of people who don't want to see anything else.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Anyway, apparently a few other women's claims about Ronaldo are being looked into. I haven't seen much more than headlines. While Der Spiegel's case seems well put together with what looks to be some damning evidence, a false claim from someone else could make Mayorga's claim seem less credible.
That isn't how this works.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sadly in the public eye, it does. It doesn't clear him legally or civilly, but it may help him in the media.
Seem less credible in the court of public opinion perhaps, but it does nothing to damage her actual credibility.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Please demonstrate where he says "how hard it must be for her" the way you just wrote it. The only "bias" I'm seeing from the thread you referenced is defending the journalism wherein he states they have hundreds of documents of which they've put forth the ones they consider key. This very clearly isn't an opinion piece and any bias (again, I'd like to see it) is surely based on the evidence they supposedly have.
I don't need to demonstrate. It's literally in the last few of those 24 tweets.

You don't have to agree with me. I'm coming from a fellow journalist perspective.

I'm not defending Ronaldo in any way. If guilty, he's guilty. If he's innocent, this sucks.

But you still don't write bias as a professional unless I'm mistaken and this dude writes for the German version of TMZ.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You've never heard of people being falsely accused of rape regardless of social status? I'm sure that no woman has ever lied about rape for financial gain or out of spite ever. That takes nothing away from those that were actual victims who were brave enough to step forward, but let's not pretend that every rape claim was actually rape.
But the vast majority are and pretending otherwise is detrimental because it makes women less likely to report assault

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That is my entire point, if people didn't fabricate these accusations as much as they do it would be far easier to have more faith in the claims. (1) I have not been keeping up with this, but if he did confess and it was on a questionnaire and it became public, wouldn't that basically ruin his right for a fair trial? (2) Wouldn't his law firm be liable to be sued as well? (3) I see someone that says that she said no but was willing so it could be that it was role playing in his mind and in her mind baiting him into blackmail. Again, I'd wait until everyone has their say before condemning either party. (4) Has there been any other alleged victims coming out about him? Does he have a history of such things? I honestly don't know.
(1) No
(2) Potentially
(3) If they are saying no, they're not willing, barring prior communication otherwise. Creating a conspiracy is actually really f***ed up.
(4) Doesn't matter

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
But the vast majority are and pretending otherwise is detrimental because it makes women less likely to report assault

It is like most things, the actions of a few make things harder for the rest. I have nothing but respect for the victims that come forward if they are telling the truth.

(1) No
(2) Potentially
(3) If they are saying no, they're not willing, barring prior communication otherwise. Creating a conspiracy is actually really ****ed up.
(4) Doesn't matter

1) That's clearly not good for him.
2) I would think so as confidentiality was breached.
3) Agreed, not my cup of tea but there are people with rape fantasies. Agreed, sadly there are people that do such things in this world.
4) It seems like many of those that do these kinds of despicable acts do it more than once.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It is like most things, the actions of a few make things harder for the rest. I have nothing but respect for the victims that come forward if they are telling the truth.

1) That's clearly not good for him.
2) I would think so as confidentiality was breached.
3) Agreed, not my cup of tea but there are people with rape fantasies. Agreed, sadly there are people that do such things in this world.
4) It seems like many of those that do these kinds of despicable acts do it more than once.
Yup. And most men aren’t sexual assaulters. But the actions of the few mean women should be believed given that sexual assault is so so so much more prevalent than false accusations.

2) depends how it was breached
3) yeah and you have absolutely no evidence that there was a rape fantasy other than Ronaldo allegedly saying, paraphrasing, she was asking for it.
4) while true, that changes nothing.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah but this time you see them dance together.
Which obviously doesn't mean it wasn't a rape but will mean so to plenty of people who don't want to see anything else.

Sadly, but for me it just adds to the story of them being together. I guess I'm putting it in the context of the Kavanaugh accusation, which I really shouldn't, but there seems to be a mountain of evidence that Mayorga's story is credible to a large degree. Of course it still lacks proof unless that questionnaire was legitimate and I'm guessing the way it was obtained it is.

That isn't how this works.

I completely agree, but as @hatterson noted in the court of public opinion or in some people's mind a false accusation would likely mean the too would rule our Mayorga's claim. Like I've said from the first moment, this doesn't look good for Ronaldo considering what's been put forward by Der Spiegel.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, he dropped it, but nobody knows if she got a check for it.
In any case, nobody but those two will know what happenned.
However, Ronaldo admitting he forced her is forever going to be a blackeye on his career.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
She was seen this week driving a Ferrari :sarcasm:

Anyhow, I’m surprised no one has developed a consent app for smartphones yet, particularly for celebrities.

...phones patent office...

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Yeah, he dropped it, but nobody knows if she got a check for it.
In any case, nobody but those two will know what happenned.
However, Ronaldo admitting he forced her is forever going to be a blackeye on his career.

That part I have a hard time believing mainly because it was through email. Who confesses to a lawyer via email? You have to be a special kind of dumbass to confess via email. If he did it he's a piece of shit who should be in jail, no doubt.

As I get older, I no longer jump to conclusions ever since reading about the Duke Lacrosse team, Kane, Jussie Smollett(not rape) and now Neymar. A false rape accusation is just as bad and damaging. I would never look at one of my friends the same way again if they are accused of rape whether it's true or not. Just the thought of it will always play in the back of my mind.

I think everyone, especially celebrities should walk around with consent forms in their wallets and purses.

Reactions: DoyleG

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think everyone, especially celebrities should walk around with consent forms in their wallets and purses.

I just applied for a trademark for a consent app for smartphones I’m developing...

But yeah, I think he’s settled now with this Spanish cheese he’s been with, but I remember an interview with Luiz Felipe Scolari who said that Ronaldo was literally with a different woman every night when he was Portugal manager. The odds are eventually someone will see an opportunity and stab you in the back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh there's no doubt nobody should jumpt to conclusions EITHER way.
Here though Ronaldo admitted she said no and he didn't care.

Now for some people, that may be normal though :D

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That part I have a hard time believing mainly because it was through email. Who confesses to a lawyer via email? You have to be a special kind of dumbass to confess via email. If he did it he's a piece of **** who should be in jail, no doubt.

As I get older, I no longer jump to conclusions ever since reading about the Duke Lacrosse team, Kane, Jussie Smollett(not rape) and now Neymar. A false rape accusation is just as bad and damaging. I would never look at one of my friends the same way again if they are accused of rape whether it's true or not. Just the thought of it will always play in the back of my mind.

Apparently the Der Spiegel reporter does not have the most reliable background either:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Relotius was one person, it's regrettable that such people can survive as journalists for several years but it says nothing about the reliability of professional journalists in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->