Der Spiegel: C. Ronaldo confessed to have had non-consensual sex in 2009 document

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
German magazine Der Spiegel is reporting there is evidence that the rape allegations by an American woman against Cristiano Ronaldo are credible. The story can be found here.

In a September 2009 questionnaire, Ronaldo confirmed that the woman "said no and stop several times", that "she said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available" and that "she kept saying 'No.' Don't do it. '" From December 2009 on, Ronaldo would answer the same question in a different manner and deny that anything non-consensual had happened.

There's an entire thread by a Spiegel journalist on Twitter. The September 2009 questionnaire:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've tried a few times to read the story but for some reason the link kept failing to load on Friday and I was out of town this weekend. I'll try to read it today, but just from that tweet thread, it looks pretty damning to Ronaldo.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I've tried a few times to read the story but for some reason the link kept failing to load on Friday and I was out of town this weekend. I'll try to read it today, but just from that tweet thread, it looks pretty damning to Ronaldo.
I hate reporters like him. If Ronaldo is guilty, regardless of settlement, he should be punished.

However, this reporting is clearly picking "a side" and I hate that type of reporting.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
If he did it, he's a piece of shit who should be punished. I am all for due process considering there have been quite a few fake rape stories.
On another note, I wonder if that's his baby momma considering this happened in 2009 and his kid was born in 2010. The woman is an American woman.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Juventus should recognize that this is not going away anytime soon and suspend him until the case has been sufficiently investigated.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Juventus should recognize that this is not going away anytime soon and suspend him until the case has been sufficiently investigated.
Why should he be suspended until it's investigated? He should be fully punished if it's true, but considering this was not the first time the same paper has tried to push this story (if I'm reading correctly) there's also a very real chance that it's not true, or there's more to the story than being reported.

Again, innocent until proven guilty and all that. Still, if it's true I hope he is punished. Though I suspect even if he's 'proven innocent' it won't change peoples minds; charges and accusations like this have a tendency to stick regardless of the outcome.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Why should he be suspended until it's investigated?

Agreed.

He should be fully punished if it's true, but considering this was not the first time the same paper has tried to push this story (if I'm reading correctly) there's also a very real chance that it's not true

The only chance for it to be untrue though is that the questionnaire alleged to be from September 2009 is fake. If it's not fake, we've got Ronaldo himself on record confessing that he did what the woman accused him of doing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The only chance for it to be untrue though is that the questionnaire alleged to be from September 2009 is fake. If it's not fake, we've got Ronaldo himself on record confessing that he did what the woman accused him of doing.
Right, and that's most likely where the whole story is going to hinge on, because in the article I read they said there's also a 'later' questionnaire that doesn't include the confession. It's entirely possible that they did multiple and realized the self-incriminating nature of the first one. That said, like 99.9% of the people who have just heard of all this I have no idea what happened or the proceedings they've already gone through so I prefer not to pass judgment myself.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Interesting to see how this case unfolds, the twitter thread posted in OP shows that she went right away to the authorities after the alleged incident took place. The original questionnaire is incredibly damning

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Interesting to see how this case unfolds, the twitter thread posted in OP shows that she went right away to the authorities after the alleged incident took place. The original questionnaire is incredibly damning

Assuming the questtionairre is legit. If it is then Ronaldo is in some deep doo doo.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Assuming the questtionairre is legit. If it is then Ronaldo is in some deep doo doo.

LOL, and yeah, it’s captivating stuff since it was the first questionnaire between Ronaldo and his lawyers, and it ended up getting leaked to Der Spiegel. In later questionnaires they make it clear that everything was consensual

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The criminal investigation is being reopened.

Should be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I will say I spent a bit of time looking into the journalist/paper and Der Spiegel does seem to have a very stringent fact checking process (that seems to be pretty well recognized). The first questionnaire likely wouldn't be permissable in court since it was obtained illegally (if it's even authentic) but that might not matter if it's true and it goes to trial since the information is out there. It certainly doesn't look good for Ronaldo, but again I'll follow without passing judgment until we know more.

EDIT: It's being picked up by major news outlets now.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Without that first questionnaire it would be a very difficult case to get a conviction on, however she may have options open for a civil suit which she'd have a much better chance of winning.

I think the biggest impact on Ronaldo will be in sponsorships and we'll see if some brands want to ditch him regardless of what's "proven"

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Without that first questionnaire it would be a very difficult case to get a conviction on, however she may have options open for a civil suit which she'd have a much better chance of winning.

I think the biggest impact on Ronaldo will be in sponsorships and we'll see if some brands want to ditch him regardless of what's "proven"
Nike is known for picking sides in situations like these.

That would be a big shoe to fall.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to be really interesting to see how this all plays out. Also seems like a rather random time for this to resurface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->