Depth

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I'm definitely happy with the 4 lines. I just wish we could have a guy who can play well and fight with the best of em.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
4 lines of hockey players is a wonderful thing

let alone 4 lines of guys who can play great hockey and actually score goals. Every line has a chance to be dangerous on a given night, and our depth on D is much better than last year too.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
70.jpg

depth 4/4

snizzbone*

I'm definitely happy with the 4 lines. I just wish we could have a guy who can play well and fight with the best of em.

theres a handful of guys in the league with that skillset.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's nice to see others chipping in with goals, that's for sure.

I was concerned as to how we would replace last year's "secondary scoring" - in particular Raymond's goals. But guys have plugged away and spread the scoring.

One thing worth noting - last year, if our top line wasn't going, we were done. This season, and in particular the last little while the Kessel line has looked awful and the team is still winning games.

Great signs

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Rolling 4 lines, that can actually play a little hockey, spreads out the ice time. It gives everyone a little more bench rest between shifts, which allows for every player to work a little harder when they do see the ice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
But... but... but... my fights :cry:

I'm not surprised the pro-goon fans have been eerie quiet lately.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The reason we're still winning games.

We are seeing the effects of the Shanahan era in Toronto moving away from testosterone, pugnacity & top 6 / bottom 6 formation in team building to one of speed and skill throughout the lineup.

Dubas with analytics is improving possession by the way the lines are constructed and hopefully Mark Hunter can begin to improves the scouting, drafting and developing and things are finally starting to take shape of a real hockey team.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Depth is what failed us last year. Our top 6 was good, and our bottom 6 was terrible.

Now our bottom 6 is one of the best in the league. The players playing on the 4th line are still not used very much despite the increased role to date, and that's actually great news, because it means they have more to give. They're very reliable - Booth has allowed a single goal against since coming back 6 games ago.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Nice to have depth this year but ideally it should come form the Marlies so that we're not looking at replacing 3rd and 4th line guys each year with one-year fill-ins..... that walk at the end of the year.

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
I've been saying it for a while - the things that get you far in the playoffs (apart from the obvious defence) are goaltending and depth.

We seem to have 2 of the 3, so if we can tighten up at the back...

Tyler Biggs*

Love the depth on this team......with Leo and Polak back this team has a good chance to make some noise..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad