Denver wins NCAA title

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Denver played a very defensive game all the way threw and that goal from Maine shouldve been allowed but I guess it's the rules. Denver played very defensivly ...mabey the most defensive game of College hockey since I watch Notre Dame play Wisconsin after the WJC's ...Still a good game though.

Go Matt Carle and everyone else on Denver..GOod for you.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
That rule has to be changed, the fact that the winger had his skate on the very outskirts of the crease on the oposite side from where the goal was scored had absolutly no impact on the play.
There should be some kind of clause that says that a player violating the crease has to have some kind of effect on the play for a goal to be called back. Seemed like a rediculus goal to disallow.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Nice to see Denver win it, they were due. As for the game itself, well for all those who believe that getting rid of the red line would open up the game and nullify the trap, this game and the Maine-B.C. one proved you are dead wrong.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
VOB said:
Nice to see Denver win it, they were due. As for the game itself, well for all those who believe that getting rid of the red line would open up the game and nullify the trap, this game and the Maine-B.C. one proved you are dead wrong.

I don't think so. I thought the game were wide open in its style but that the defence of both teams managed to work within it.

You also have to factor in the skill level of these lots versus the skillsets of the pros.

There were loads of chances yesterday, well more than what happen during an NHL game. The final score wasn't indicative of the way the game were actually played in my opinion.

Also, Conner James is a stud. Broken leg and all he comes in and has an assist on the game winner that were a straight up magic pass to his open line mate (who did a propper job scoring).

His passing on the empty netter to a team mate who needed to goal showed allot to me as well. He played a critical role in the games he played in and all with a broken leg!

Maine looked grand also, it were anyones game. Great goalkeeping as well. Right fun.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Not to mention that James really knows how to use his speed as an asset. His breakaway forced a penalty to setup the PP that the lone goal was scored on. And shortly after that, Maine went on the PP, but James's feistiness out at the blueline on the penalty kill and subsequent break-out forced another penalty, ending the little momentum that Maine was building.

Some notes on rule changes:
1.) I wish the NHL would adopt the automatic icing like the NCAA has.
2.) I wish the NHL would adopt touch-up offsides - I know it's a pain on the linesmen, but it adds so much flow to the game.
3.) NCAA has to get rid of the in-the-crease rule. Not that it's that big of a factor (I get to see about 20-30 NCAA games a year and I had no clue that rule still existed), but it's just a ridiculous rule.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
punchy1 said:
I don't think so. I thought the game were wide open in its style but that the defence of both teams managed to work within it.

You also have to factor in the skill level of these lots versus the skillsets of the pros.

There were loads of chances yesterday, well more than what happen during an NHL game. The final score wasn't indicative of the way the game were actually played in my opinion.

Also, Conner James is a stud. Broken leg and all he comes in and has an assist on the game winner that were a straight up magic pass to his open line mate (who did a propper job scoring).

His passing on the empty netter to a team mate who needed to goal showed allot to me as well. He played a critical role in the games he played in and all with a broken leg!

Maine looked grand also, it were anyones game. Great goalkeeping as well. Right fun.

No, this game was all about the trap played to perfection. I swear I was watching the New Jersey Devils rather than the Maine Black Bears! Did you happen to see the WCHL final? Or perahps the CCHL final between Ohio State and Michigan? If not then you missed games that were indeed wide open and fun to watch. This game was well played, if you like clutching, grabbing and holding, that is.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
Jori_18_23 said:
If you can't score on a 6 on 3 then you can only blame yourself.
Exactly. Maine had a 1:30 6-3, and only got one or two good scoring chances. The guys on the point were taking almost all the shots, instead of taking advantage of the three extra players they had on the ice. Maine has no excuse for not scoring on that power play.

Funkymoses

VOB said:
No, this game was all about the trap played to perfection. I swear I was watching the New Jersey Devils rather than the Maine Black Bears! Did you happen to see the WCHL final? Or perahps the CCHL final between Ohio State and Michigan? If not then you missed games that were indeed wide open and fun to watch. This game was well played, if you like clutching, grabbing and holding, that is.

hahaha. WCHA. CCHA.

Maine's vaunted trap did hold BC to 41 shots on goal, though. They really clogged up that neutral zone. :joker:

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Funkymoses said:
hahaha. WCHA. CCHA.

Maine's vaunted trap did hold BC to 41 shots on goal, though. They really clogged up that neutral zone. :joker:

CCHA, WCHA you know what I meant. B.C. might have had 41 shots but the majority of them were low percentage and there were few rushes up the ice during that entire game. In short both games were pretty boring. There are a whole slew of hard core college hockey fans who share my opinion as well Funky, here is the link and you know this message board well since you have posted on it more than 1000 times! Happy reading but I am sure you have read it already, as a matter of fact you posted on it and here is what you had to say:

welcome to the CCHA folks. One or two teams who play entertaining hockey and and ten completely talentless hack teams.

Add in referees who refuse to call obstruction penalties, and you get slog slog slog. Blame Mason!

Link http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38525

Funny how you didn't disagree with all your college hockey poster buddies who for the most part said the final game sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad