Proposal: Dennis Wideman to NJ for who cares

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Some dummy will pay a 2nd for him at the deadline after he puts up a few points. Happens every year when GMs go stupid for dmen.

He has some value as a rental imo, but if he has a decent year his UFA contract is going to be absolutely disgusting. Hardly a bold prediction, I know

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Wideman is overpaid but serviceable. Worth a 3rd I would think.

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
IMO Wideman rn with full cap hit, might fetch a 3rd, half retained i'd think a 2nd + C/D level prospect(around 6-9 in your ranking pool, hopefully a RW/LW prospect) cause we're weak on the wings rn, at the deadline if the flames retained half of the 1/3rd he has left he'll cost literally 870K-ish of cap space, he could fetch a 2nd + 3rd or 2 3rd's maybe just a low 1st(25-30) from a team who thinks adding him will give a better percentage at winning the cup? but this is just in my opinion, FLAME AWAY!!!!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Lol wideman doesn't suck he's just overpaid

2014-15 Wideman was actually a really solid piece for Calgary. He was scoring, he was playing meaningful defence... I think most folks here in Calgary (myself included) thought he turned the corner with the old Wideman.

2015-16 we went back to the old Wideman, minus PP production. Not sure how many times we saw him rip a shot into skates this season on the PP. It is literally one of the reasons Bob Hartley doesn't have a job anymore. He doesn't defend well, he's slow and he wasn't a great PP QB. You add in him being a moron and checking a ref, you have yourself one of the worst seasons anyone could really imagine from a Dman.

Now, I think he still has some value as a sheltered PP guy. He's got a decent shot, and with the right PP could still get his 10-15 goals a season. Make sure you're #6 can skate, and you should be fine.

Calgary will take a 2nd, but honestly, a 3rd will do in my opinion. If there's nothing on the table, we can spoon feed him easy minutes; and hope he gets some numbers to use as trade bait come TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad