Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Claude dosen't rule it out, their must be some wings to this. No need for him to give false hope to Bruins nation.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Makes sense now why Chia was content with Mez and Old Man Potter at the trade deadline. Seids ain't Boobie Miles trying to come back for Mojo after a couple of weeks. The last time Seids flirted with danger, danger got clingy.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
"Right now it’s not even something we’re entertaining. He’s such an athlete that trains hard, [and] he might be ahead of schedule a little bit. But is he ahead of the big schedule that was put in front of him? I’m not so sure about that one.”

Sounds like a sure thing to me...

redsox7327

Sep 10, 2011
"Right now it’s not even something we’re entertaining. He’s such an athlete that trains hard, [and] he might be ahead of schedule a little bit. But is he ahead of the big schedule that was put in front of him? I’m not so sure about that one.â€

Sounds like a sure thing to me...

“It’s still up in the air"

"I’m not going to say ‘no’"

"If you see him back, it’s because everybody feels comfortable about it."

-By the same person that you quoted.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
If Sides can come back Work him in

Chara Dougie
Bart Boychuck
Krug Sides

If he is him self somehow
Chara Boychuck
Sides Hamilton
Krug ?????

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Part of me says great, another part of me says, it would be what?? 4,5 months with no game action....sorry, I`d rather take the potential pain of watching the future play than have players expose DS because he isn`t fully caught up to speed

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
It's nice that there's a chance but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Even if he could come back, he probably won't be able to get any conditioning with Providence unless they make a good run so he'd be going right into the fire after not playing for 5 months.

Also, that sounds way too quick for that type of injury. Isn't he signed for 3 more years?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Such a beast that he has actually entered the discussion for a slight chance at a return. PANZER TANK

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
NFL running back Adrian Peterson took 9 months to come back from his ACL surgery and that was called a "miracle".

To be fair, the miracle part of it wasn't so much about the timeline as it was about him coming back and having one of the best seasons of all time. RG3 came back even quicker than Peterson, but obviously to much, much less prolific results.

It's still ridiculously unlikely though. I just can't see it happening.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
It's kind of hilarious. This is sort of like watching the financial press trying to parse every syllable that Alan Greenspan would utter.
"He's wearing a green tie today - that must mean good news"
"He blinked twice while saying 'fiduciary risk' - that must mean he's thinking of raising interest rates in 3 quarters"
:laugh:

If he comes back that early, he's still not likely to be playoff ready, having not even participated in a meaningful practice in 3 or 4 months.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I still hold out no hope for playoff play.

But DAMN I am happy that he's ahead of schedule.

Definitely, good news regardless of whether he comes back this season or not. Knee injuries can be career crippling, if he's recovering so quickly that likely won't be the case and he'll have plenty of time to get back to speed.

I'm not getting my hopes up either. But it would be something if he was 100% by round 2/3, if we even get there. Wouldn't be ready for 22 minutes a game again, let alone 25-26, but why not on the 3rd pairing or something? And there I go, getting my hopes up. :laugh:

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I wouldn't count of this unless Claude Julien said, as reported. Julien never says a word more than he need or want.

You mentioned Steve Stamkos missing out on the Olympics. It wasn't by much, though. He reached gameshape rather quickly and he's looking mighty fine now.

These guys are so very well prepared and a physical nut, like Denis Seidenberg, will fast reach game shape, condition wise and he doesn't exactly play with much finesse so it may be easier for him than for a guy like Stamkos.

If true, he won't play until 100% cleared by team doctors. The Bruins invested 4 more years of service from Denis.
That said he'll play his usual style and perhaps minutes too.
Guys like him are not going to play 75%.

It would be quite a boost for the team and the defense, but, the Bruins wnon 11 straight and having their best season in years without him.
He means a lot, but, it's not do or die with or without him.

I think we all are confident the Bruins are a serious contender. Still we've also seen the best of teams go down through the years. To go all the way there's a little more to add. You need lucky bounces, healthy bodies (depth) a hot goalie in Tuukka Rask.

Can you think of any team with three lines like the Bruins? It's very rare to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->