Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And Josh Gorges played on a torn acl for 8 years. That said, I certainly do not expect him to be back still and I do not think that anybody really does... it's just the prospect of his return is interesting at the very least (and isn't entirely impossible).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom just posted in another thread that Seidenmoose would still get his name on a potential cup this year. Love that.

Bruins would have to petition the league, but it'd be a no brainer for the league.

They could also (and again) petition to have Savvy's name on the cup (if they win of course).

Both being on LTIR would make it impossible for the league to say no way.

aejk

May 18, 2011
Off topic, but why shouldn't a pro athlete be able to use steroids to recover from knee surgery? That would be part of the medical protocol for a non-player.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Listening to the Fan 590 this morning, they were saying that Seidenberg is ahead of schedule and there is a possibility that he could return at some point in the playoffs.

Can anyone confirm this?

If it's true, dude's a beast!

I guess that it would depend how far we go in the playoffs.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Off topic, but why shouldn't a pro athlete be able to use steroids to recover from knee surgery? That would be part of the medical protocol for a non-player.

I agree. Whatever helps them heal faster and more completely. But there might be a problem because obviously if the steroids are still in the system they'd be in violation of the rules... not that the NHL is a big steroid sport at all, at least to my knowledge).

HGH or anything that boosts natural levels of growth hormone in the body has a very short half life (which makes it difficult to catch testing-wise in other sports) so it wouldn't be as big of a problem. HGH is very instrumental in sports science, and injury recovery.

At least they should make the HGH, strictly for injury purposes, legal if it isn't already de-facto legal. Steroids is a bit more controversial but i think if the player is done for the year and not returning, they should be allowed to take certain steroids (namely those conducive to healing) for a couple months and then be given the appropriate post-cycle therapy.

By next season the steroids won't be in their system.

member 96824

Can't disagree.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

Because anabolic steroids have long-term damaging effects on the body. Condoning them is hurting the player long-term and opening themselves up to liability should they develop complications later and the league was found out to have allowed their use.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Being ahead of schedule /=/ Being ready for an intense and physical NHL playoff series

As much as I want him back, it's not happening... And as other have said, it took Peterson 9 months in a miracle, and a miracle with a little... assistance.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well well well- that is why he is smiling (thinks can be back )

redsox7327

Sep 10, 2011
Didn't know there was a separate thread for Seids injury. Pierre just said on WEEI that Seidenberg informed a source in Carolina that there is a possibility he is back this season.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Didn't know there was a separate thread for Seids injury. Pierre just said on WEEI that Seidenberg informed a source in Carolina that there is a possibility he is back this season.

His tear must not have been too bad

And he's likely assuming the bruins go deep...at which point you'd have to ask, would it make sense putting in a guy who just recovered from a knee injury that hasn't played in months on a team that's rolling?

I wish him well though

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Is it possible that the injury wasn't as bad as they initially thought, and recovery time is/was 4-6 months rather than 6-8? 6 months puts us right around SCF, no?

I might be way off on all of this, though :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
If Seids is fully cleared for game action, and he is in playing shape, then why wouldn't we play him? Obviously those are 2 BIG ifs, but...

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
When Boston was clicking against the Rangers without Seidenberg, they found a way to insert him back in the lineup.

If he's cleared...I dont see how you can't. Guys a playoff warrior.

member 96824

Sounds like wishful thinking.

Stamkos was telling people he may end up back in time for the olympics, but it just didn't work out.

I don't want to see him come back too early and mess up his knee even more.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
He didn't miss more than half the regular season before coming back. Big difference.

It's not like we require him to run the PP or be our puck moving defenseman. He's a stay at home defenseman that should be able to provide stability to our 3rd pairing.

Also, guys that usually come off a serious injury in the past (at any point during the playoffs) have shown to play pretty well because their adrenaline is so high. (Makes others around them play better too)

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->