Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
It would be deep into the playoff run and I don't know if they'd want to throw him back out there after months of not playing, even if he was healthy.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I remember when he got injured it was Tweeted a few times by beat guys that he "could return if the rehab goes really well and the Bruins get to the ECF".

I'm not getting my hopes up, at all. That said, if the guy is recovered and skating with no danger of blowing it up again do you think he will stay out of the lineup? Not a ****ing chance. Dude will be fighting to get back in.

Not getting my hopes up.

aejk

May 18, 2011
I immediately thought of Bobby Carpenter. December he blew out his knee. Had surgery and was hooked up to a passive motion machine for the next few months. He returned to play for Bruins in April. People couldn't believe it. He looked good, too, as I recall

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
to many variables but I suppose if he became availble at any time it really matters if the D we have is preforming well or not. i think the real question is if McQuaid will be returning anytime soon.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Even if he were absolutely safe I wouldn't want him to come back for the ECF.
You cannot ease a guy in during the Conference Finals ... as a player you need a few weeks to pick things up after such an injury.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I might think about it and Lord knows if he is cleared and it's the ECF or Cup Final he's going to want in the game.

I worry about rust but then I think asking him to play bottom pair minutes may work fine.

Not a doctor and I think the team misses Seids so there are just too many variables.

I do want his rehab to go well for his same though.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Doubt he makes it back. Saying that, it seems guys recover faster nowadays if they're real focused on returning. Nutrition and exercise has come a long way.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
For me it would depend on how well the other D-men are playing. If they're doing their jobs then sit him. If not, make a decision.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I immediately thought of Bobby Carpenter. December he blew out his knee. Had surgery and was hooked up to a passive motion machine for the next few months. He returned to play for Bruins in April. People couldn't believe it. He looked good, too, as I recall

I remember that too.

IIRC he came back against the Hartford Whalers- right up to game time nobody knew if he was going to play that night or not.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
He is German, they could be doing some type of stem cell procedure in the injured joint. This can greatly reduce the time of recovery compared to our traditional recovery schedules

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Saw him Saturday after the game and he was very happy- then again he's always happy wish I asked him 'if there is a chance'

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Drop him in for sheltered, bottom pair/2nd PK minutes (10-12)? He's be better than anything else on the bottom pair, IMO.

I think the best case scenario is that Seidenberg is skating at the time the Bruins sweep the semi-finals and one of the remaining series goes 7 games. That would allow them to give him a week or so of very intense practices that should be enough to get him in game shape.

But he'll still be very rusty and will be even more of a target for opposing players. I wouldn't risk it, unless the Bruins get into a 3-0 or 3-1 hole and really need the boost.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Even if he were absolutely safe I wouldn't want him to come back for the ECF.
You cannot ease a guy in during the Conference Finals ... as a player you need a few weeks to pick things up after such an injury.

Sure you can. If hes not thrown in on the top pair with Chara he should be OK. They have WAYYYYYY to much coin invested in the guy to play him unless he passes every single test so reinjury won't be the issue it will be rusty-ness and I think he'll be fine on the third pairing.

Krug and Seids on the third pairing sounds good to me even if Seids is a little rusty.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Most of you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. He's not coming back this season. His injury is very serious and not one that you can rush back from.

He was at the rink for treatment and nothing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad