Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
:laugh:

Folks, speculate as much or as little as you want. That's fine. If he's fully medically cleared to return, great. Get him in the lineup. If they rush him back to take a spot in the lineup if he's not completely medically cleared when there are fully healthy options already existing then I think it's straight up negligent. Some folks are fine with that. I'm simply not. Theres something to be said for a person's quality of life once they leave sport. For the most part medical technology has come a long way but if people don't think that players come back before they are ready with the blessing of medical staff, it's pretty naive, and that's why players' unions have gotten more involved in the debate

I'm pretty convinced that a lot of folks in here have no real idea about the extent of the procedure he had and the extensive rehab that comes with getting that knee to some semblance of game shape and perhaps don't care to find out. Just a hunch though.

What I'm telling you is what's factually known about the landscape of the sports medicine environment right now and the issues the field is facing right now due to more awareness about the long term impact of all types of injuries. Sports leagues have not historically been good to it's athletes about considering their long-term health versus being rushed back into action plus those post-career medical needs are being taken care of.

He's still not taking contact during skating. The discussion should begin in earnest when that happens. Until then, I'm not even gonna trip.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine

Folks, speculate as much or as little as you want. That's fine. If he's fully medically cleared to return, great. Get him in the lineup. If they rush him back to take a spot in the lineup if he's not completely medically cleared when there are fully healthy options already existing then I think it's straight up negligent. Some folks are fine with that. I'm simply not. Theres something to be said for a person's quality of life once they leave sport. For the most part medical technology has come a long way but if people don't think that players come back before they are ready with the blessing of medical staff, it's pretty naive, and that's why players' unions have gotten more involved in the debate

I'm pretty convinced that a lot of folks in here have no real idea about the extent of the procedure he had and the extensive rehab that comes with getting that knee to some semblance of game shape and perhaps don't care to find out. Just a hunch though.

What I'm telling you is what's factually known about the landscape of the sports medicine environment right now and the issues the field is facing right now due to more awareness about the long term impact of all types of injuries. Sports leagues have not historically been good to it's athletes about considering their long-term health versus being rushed back into action plus those post-career medical needs are being taken care of.

He's still not taking contact during skating. The discussion should begin in earnest when that happens. Until then, I'm not even gonna trip.

I'm willing to bet that the bruins are not rushing him and if anything , they probably are trying to hold him back some. Just my guess.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

I don't think anybody said to play him before he's cleared.

member 96824

I don't give a **** if he's 8 and a half months pregnant. Get him out there

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don't give a **** if he's 8 and a half months pregnant. Get him out there

Tonights game should show how badly we need him.

Some of the people who are demanding he not play are sounding like Trolls. Noone is saying play Seidenberg before he gets to 80-90%. Just if hes close it can be the difference for us.

acr*

If Seidenberg can come back without jeopardizing the use of his legs for the rest of his life, I say put him in.

If he plays this playoff run then misses the first 42 games of next regular season, hell, I take that exchange. We're the best team in the NHL, this is our year, we have to get it done.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Fans need to start a Dennis chant next home game. That'll do it.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
If Seidenberg can come back without jeopardizing the use of his legs for the rest of his life, I say put him in.

If he plays this playoff run then misses the first 42 games of next regular season, hell, I take that exchange. We're the best team in the NHL, this is our year, we have to get it done.

Exactly; if he's 100% or very near to it with no more than the normal hockey risk that something could happen to set him back, I'd say bring him back now; otherwise, I don't want to see him play until next Season. His health and value to the team in the long-term are more important than what he could contribute in this Playoff run.

member 96824

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I see it going down this way: Returns for game 1 against Pitt. 2nd shift, James Kneel kicks him in the back of the knee. Seidenberg goes down and this thread gets extended.

You forgot to add that Seidenberg somehow gets a 2-minute minor on the play, and Pitt scores on the power play.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Win game 4 in a blowout.

Stage absurd theatrics for his return in game 5. Confetti, fog machines, balloon animals. The works.

This news is such a tease

The reporter who asked this question of him, and then wrote about it, should be tied to a tree with honey all over them and left in the middle of the woods. He's a hockey player. He could be in a full body cast and his answer would be the same. The release of this information is cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't dare hope for this.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
If he says he can go, why deny it to him. Get cleared for contact and suit up! I have no issues if the docs clear him for contact.

OutspokenMinority*

Exactly; if he's 100% or very near to it with no more than the normal hockey risk that something could happen to set him back, I'd say bring him back now; otherwise, I don't want to see him play until next Season. His health and value to the team in the long-term are more important than what he could contribute in this Playoff run.

i disagree. he is not a long-term part of this team's plan, imo. if he could help win a single game this year in the playoffs, and never play on the Bruins again, it would be the right move for them to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad