Apr 2, 2008
Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Seidenberg - Wideman
Borowiecki, Bartkowski/Claesson

D is shaping up nicely if true.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
He is probably correct when he says that the Sens are closely watching him. As for the other statement, it is most likely just speculation on his part.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I highly doubt Simmons would know anything, literally anything, that wasn't being reported by someone else. He is pretty much hated league, and country wide.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I honestly really doubt he signs in Ottawa after they just gave a PTO to Batkowski. Assuming he signs after his PTO, we already have Boro or Bartkowski as our 7th D and Claesson who's already a respectable option for the 3rd pair with some NHL experience and we also have Kostka who can play in the case where we have multiple injuries not to mention Chabot, Englund and even Harpur who got some games last season.

I mean I'd be thrilled with more depth on our blue line, and a guy with more experience to play with Wideman, but I have a hard time believing we'll sign him. Maybe if Bartkowski isn't signed after his PTO.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I honestly really doubt he signs in Ottawa after they just gave a PTO to Batkowski. Assuming he signs after his PTO, we already have Boro or Bartkowski as our 7th D and Claesson who's already a respectable option for the 3rd pair with some NHL experience and we also have Kostka who can play in the case where we have multiple injuries not to mention Chabot, Englund and even Harpur who got some games last season.

I mean I'd be thrilled with more depth on our blue line, and a guy with more experience to play with Wideman, but I have a hard time believing we'll sign him. Maybe if Bartkowski isn't signed after his PTO.

Presumably, if we signed Seidenberg, Bartkowski's odds of being signed to the club after the PTO drop dramatically.

I suspect that we are interested, and will make an offer. Whether or not Seidenberg signs our offer is another thing altogether.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I've liked the guy a lot since his time in Carolina, good to see that he'll wind up with a contract somewhere. He deserves one.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Always liked Seidenberg. Even if he doesn't make the Ottawa club, I'm glad he's getting the chance to show he's still NHL caliber. I still think he will make a good bottom pairing defender.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seidenberg played well for Germany in the Olympic qualfiers and now for Team Europe . He's gonna get a contract for next year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hearing that he's done well, I hope Ottawa can still sign him. It might be too late at this point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Simmons was apparently seen in conversation with the Zamboni driver at a Team Europe game

I hope he had a scoop

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Hopefully Ottawa does sign Dennis Seidenberg to a contract. I liked Seidenberg when he was a Flyer.

At this stage in his career Seidenberg won't put up a lot of points but he will help Ottawa immensely on the back end as a stay at home defensemen on the 3rd pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->