Dennis Cholowski signs a 3 year EL Contract

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He's not a kid, he'll be 20 soon enough. He's just a rail of a person. Calista Flockhart small. Even recent pictures don't give me any hope that this pipe cleaner will be anything but the 'before' on the late night infomericals about protein drinks.

Look at his dad and brother

giphy.gif

He could just stay a lank, but I think he'll be fine.

Edit: I don't want him fillin out like them though :laugh:

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Dennis actually has some decent size through the upper body now. I zoomed in during videos and paused Instagram stories to make sure, he's not skinny anymore, his arms are 14-15 inches and he has decent sized calves.

The issue of him being lanky is a 2016 issue.

He's thicker than Hronek.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Dennis actually has some decent size through the upper body now. I zoomed in during videos and paused Instagram stories to make sure, he's not skinny anymore, his arms are 14-15 inches and he has decent sized calves.

He protec
He attac

But most importantly

He thicc

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Look at his dad and brother

giphy.gif

He could just stay a lank, but I think he'll be fine.

Edit: I don't want him fillin out like them though :laugh:

Mom must have had a thing for a mailman at some point, he just doesn't look like either. Kinda would be awesome if he had his brother's hair though.

Unless he's wearing Chris Chelios's old pads, there is no way to accurately discern size with that much equipment on.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mom must have had a thing for a mailman at some point, he just doesn't look like either. Kinda would be awesome if he had his brother's hair though.

I mean it could be his step dad or something I don't know his parents martial status, but his brother's a tank. Sadly Cholo didn't inherit his mother's hair.

He has legitimately put on some weight in the last year though.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia

Unless he's wearing Chris Chelios's old pads, there is no way to accurately discern size with that much equipment on.

He was in a T shirt playing mini golf, I'm not that presumptive.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's not a kid, he'll be 20 soon enough. He's just a rail of a person. Calista Flockhart small. Even recent pictures don't give me any hope that this pipe cleaner will be anything but the 'before' on the late night infomericals about protein drinks.
He's definitely added a lot of weight/muscle now. Listed at 196lbs. Hopefully it shows in his on-ice results.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Cholowski said today that he was now at 200 pounds, which makes him a little less lanky. Excited to see what he'll do with Prince George in the WHL.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cholowski said today that he was now at 200 pounds, which makes him a little less lanky. Excited to see what he'll do with Prince George in the WHL.

On this article he said that he's also closer 6'2.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports...ddicted-cholowski-grows-player-scsu/98602628/

I've started liking him more and more. Never seem him play, but the stories.

- At first he was "too small", then happened the growth spurt.
- Was drafted by Prince George, but went to College for one year, because Red Wings management felt it was better for his development.. Less games, could develop his body more.
- Has always been a great skater, and hasn't missed a beat from that ability after the growth spurt. "Effortless" was the talks during the WJSS.
- Now people are starting to praise him about his 1st passes and breakout passes, after the Traverse City.

Also, from those press articles, I've somehow started to like his personality. There's somthing like Pavel on his answers. Pavel had the language barrier, but the same kind humor is there. "I didn't even know that BCHL existed, until I played there." etc.

One thing what also was great to hear bout him, was the team Captain's talk about how Cholowski is a "rink rat". Always on the ice. He just loves to be there. And when he isn't there, he was on the library, studying something. He even tried to study calculus year before it start at College, to be prepared. He is that god damn "everydayer", like Babcock used to word of himself. He has high IQ, I don't mean the hockey IQ, it's a different thing, but guy with high IQ learns hockey-related things fast.

And the final come could be quite package.

- 6'2, 200lbs body
- Superb, effortless skater
- Great 1st and breakout passes
- Intelligence
- Dedicated person for things he has to accomplish

I could say that only his shot is still a question mark, but all other talent analysis and that overall package points towards a Norris-level defenceman. Nothing less, if everything goes well.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
but all other talent analysis and that overall package points towards a Norris-level defenceman. Nothing less, if everything goes well.

Whooaaaa.

Might want to reel it in a bit... or choose your words a little more carefully

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
On this article he said that he's also closer 6'2.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports...ddicted-cholowski-grows-player-scsu/98602628/

I've started liking him more and more. Never seem him play, but the stories.

- At first he was "too small", then happened the growth spurt.
- Was drafted by Prince George, but went to College for one year, because Red Wings management felt it was better for his development.. Less games, could develop his body more.
- Has always been a great skater, and hasn't missed a beat from that ability after the growth spurt. "Effortless" was the talks during the WJSS.
- Now people are starting to praise him about his 1st passes and breakout passes, after the Traverse City.

Also, from those press articles, I've somehow started to like his personality. There's somthing like Pavel on his answers. Pavel had the language barrier, but the same kind humor is there. "I didn't even know that BCHL existed, until I played there." etc.

One thing what also was great to hear bout him, was the team Captain's talk about how Cholowski is a "rink rat". Always on the ice. He just loves to be there. And when he isn't there, he was on the library, studying something. He even tried to study calculus year before it start at College, to be prepared. He is that god damn "everydayer", like Babcock used to word of himself. He has high IQ, I don't mean the hockey IQ, it's a different thing, but guy with high IQ learns hockey-related things fast.

And the final come could be quite package.

- 6'2, 200lbs body
- Superb, effortless skater
- Great 1st and breakout passes
- Intelligence
- Dedicated person for things he has to accomplish

I could say that only his shot is still a question mark, but all other talent analysis and that overall package points towards a Norris-level defenceman. Nothing less, if everything goes well.

The latest scouting report I saw about him from the Athletic seriously questioned his ability to actually play defense. They compared him to a poor man's Mike Green. Calling him anything more than a good PMD at this point is pushing it. Calling him a potential Norris winner right now is like comparing AA to Lemieux. People here have done it, but no one takes them seriously after it happened.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
The latest scouting report I saw about him from the Athletic seriously questioned his ability to actually play defense. They compared him to a poor man's Mike Green. Calling him anything more than a good PMD at this point is pushing it. Calling him a potential Norris winner right now is like comparing AA to Lemieux. People here have done it, but no one takes them seriously after it happened.

Can you please link that Athletic piece?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'm hoping he can become something similar to Christian Ehrhoff... at the end of the day.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014

This is a guy who couldn't cut it in college and is switching to junior hockey at 19...

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
This is a guy who couldn't cut it in college and is switching to junior hockey at 19...

I don't know if that's the case. I think they wanted him to go to college and start in college because it meant more time in the Gym bulking up. It appears that he did a lot of that and now want him to go to juniors to get more playing time in a more NHL style game. I don't see this as a problem I really want to see how his season goes this season before I start drawing a conclusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad