Denis Parshin?!

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I was reading the Avs farm report and he was on the article as an update. He's 26 (drafted in 2004) and has put up pretty good numbers in the KHL. Do you think he'll ever get a chance to play for the avs, and does anyone know why he hasn't ever tried to get in on the lineup?

Eternal optimist: he somehow comes to the avs as a late bloomer and lights it up lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We will never see him. He is Russian and it doesn't seem like there is much mutual interest between the parties. He would be a fringe NHL player anyway. Too soft and not skilled enough to make a real impact. Poor man's Hlinka.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Nowhere near close to a PPG player in Russia, way too small and soft.

He's like Svatos minus the sniping and injury problems.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
We will never see him. He is Russian and it doesn't seem like there is much mutual interest between the parties. He would be a fringe NHL player anyway. Too soft and not skilled enough to make a real impact. Poor man's Hlinka.

He wanted to come over when Shirokov did but the KHL stopped him.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
not likely to ever come over. doesn't have the skill set to be a solid NHL player.
and this is coming from a guy who stupidly said out loud that he would end up being a franchise player for us when he was drafted(in my defense, i was euphoric over the Avs drafting a euro guy)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think he'll sign a contract about the same time that Petr Franek does.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
was there a legality issue?

Something to do with their stupid RFA rules preventing him from signing in the NHL when his contract was up (sound familiar?) so he went to court and the Russian courts overruled his decision to go to the NHL.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I've watched him a time or two, and he has an absolute truckload of skill with the puck, but he's small and would lose a ton of puck battles and get bounced around in the NHL. He's a guy who could, in the right system find a niche as a skilled third liner, but odds are in NA he's just an AHL superstar.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Unlike Svatos and other high skilled midgets that don't make it in the NHL Parshin does a great job avoiding getting killed so he can utilize that skill. He'd be a dangerous top 6er if he ever decided to come over. But he seems to be happy playing at home.

ficohok*

Unlike Svatos and other high skilled midgets that don't make it in the NHL Parshin does a great job avoiding getting killed so he can utilize that skill. He'd be a dangerous top 6er if he ever decided to come over. But he seems to be happy playing at home.

Of course he is because he makes 5 time more money than he would ever in Colorado.

@henchman24 - Parshin is more skilled than Hlinka. Watched many Parshins games in Red Army team. Now he plays for Salavat Ufa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad