Denis Parshin vs Martin Karsums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Karsums a much safer bet for the NHL but I Parshin has amazing talent, elite stickhandling and skating. He's 5'8 though.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
And Karsums isn't much bigger. Though he plays so much bigger than he is.

Of the two, I've only seen Karsums, but I've seen plenty of him, and I love what I see. Hits, drives the net, works in the trenches, is great positionally. He should be poised for a huge season playing on the top line, but will need help to fill Bernier's skates. Parshin sounds like he is the better puck-handler/more skilled of the two, though Karsums is no slouch himself in that regard.

Will reserve judgment on who is "more ready" until I see some of Parshin.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Phil Laugher said:
And Karsums isn't much bigger. Though he plays so much bigger than he is.

Of the two, I've only seen Karsums, but I've seen plenty of him, and I love what I see. Hits, drives the net, works in the trenches, is great positionally. He should be poised for a huge season playing on the top line, but will need help to fill Bernier's skates. Parshin sounds like he is the better puck-handler/more skilled of the two, though Karsums is no slouch himself in that regard.

as a Bruin fan, this makes me happy :yo:

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Abyss said:
as a Bruin fan, this makes me happy :yo:

He's coming off an injury-plagued season, of course, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back; and whether he can maintain his up-tempo, physical style.

But he should be playing with Graham (or Pineault) on the top line, so he'll have ample opportunity to regain his touch after somewhat of a lost season.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I saw a couple of CSKA games online last year and Parshin has some sick skills. Kinda reminds me of a smaller, softer Samsonov. His size isn't that big of an issue against players his own age, but he'd get killed in the NHL.
It's too bad. A player could have Crosby-level talent, but if you're under 160 pounds there's no way you're playing in the NHL. You'd be risking perminant injury every time you step on the ice. :(

Last edited:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Martin Karsums is the type of player fans love to watch. He's small so he gets that underdog mentality, he's a fast skater, he can handle the puck, and most importantly...he hits like a freight train. He's a smarter, less skilled, version of Alex Bourret, is a comparison I'd make to another prospect. He's got a nice wrist shot too.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Zine said:
I saw a couple of CSKA games online last year and Parshin has some sick skills. Kinda reminds me of a smaller, softer Samsonov. His size isn't that big of an issue against players his own age, but he'd get killed in the NHL.
It's too bad. A player could have Crosby-level talent, but if you're under 160 pounds there's no way you're playing in the NHL. You'd be risking perminant injury every time you step on the ice. :(

so would a Val Bure be somewhat comparable?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Lord said:
I would say T.J. Hensick with lesser speed though I have seen Hensick only two years ago during World Juniors in Yaroslavl. And the only comparison about Parshin which comes to my mind is Hensick.

Is he as crappy as Hensick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad