Tribute Denis Malgin

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He doesn't appear to have much hidden upside. He can skate, pass, shoot, has some hands, can play the body and is willing to engage. He just hasn't impacted the game very much outside his shift last night where he pasted two Ducks. That put life into the game. Then Clifford came out the next shift and he had a big hit and fight. We need him to bring more down the stretch.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
He’s exactly what we don’t need on this team. Also a terrible example of a player built from within the system, Marchment, who may not be NHL caliber yet but has grinded and done everything asked of him to earn a spot then we ship him away for an underperformer who immediately jumps into a roster spot. What does that say to the guys in our system who have put in years of work to be there?

Korshkov has so much more of what we need and he did more in 1 game then Malgin did in 7. Yuck.

smartty18

Mar 7, 2020
Just dont think he is a smart enough player to play in the top 6, would work better playing preferably in the bottom 6

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
This guy sucks. Makes absolutely no impact out there. Don't know how he's still in the lineup let alone the top 6. A poor man's Nic Petan.

Reactions: FraumBallard

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
he isn't any better than Petan and i have no idea why he's still in the lineup other than Dubas loves his smurfs and Malgin looks even smurfier than our other smurfs

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's a warm body, placeholder type

Basically it was a stuff for stuff trade and we got the better player who's not much of a player, I'd say he's a little meh for a bigger worse meh

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Not a fan, you have Bracco in the minors and won't give the guy whos a longtime marlie and been pretty good player a chance because he's said to be small, weak, defensively lazy and "more of the same" when Malgin does not provide anything different.

Ok if your reason to not give Bracco is for size, defence or experience then I understand Engvall, Korshkov,etc but to bury him until Malgin is questionable. A lot of our players have played with Bracco a lot, makes more sense to play him with familiar faces then to take Malgin who was booted out of town and traded from a team that is competing with us.

Who knows Bracco passing to Robertson on PP2 in a couple of years might be a thing.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You could remove Malgin and Gauthier off the roster and add Korshkov and Agostino and be better for it IMO.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He’s exactly what we don’t need on this team. Also a terrible example of a player built from within the system, Marchment, who may not be NHL caliber yet but has grinded and done everything asked of him to earn a spot then we ship him away for an underperformer who immediately jumps into a roster spot. What does that say to the guys in our system who have put in years of work to be there?

Korshkov has so much more of what we need and he did more in 1 game then Malgin did in 7. Yuck.

Nylander, Engvall, Moore, Johnsson, Kapanen, Sandin, Liljegren, Holl, Hyman, Timashov are all guys who worked themselves up from the Marlies and won roster spots. I don't think trading Marchment says anything important to anyone important.

Besides, he's 25. How much runway does he have left to become an NHL player?

Reactions: Lauro

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
He to me is the definition of meh.he plays, looks like nothing special, doesn't play, don't really notice him being out

He looks like another petan or aberg, so I don't really know what he is doing in the lineup when he is, much rather have:

Nylander - Tavares - Engvall
Hyman - Matthews - marner
Clifford - kerfoot - Kapanen
Gauthier - spezza - korshkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad