Denis Kamaev (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies-QMJHL)

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
I was wondering what anybody knows about him. I'm not very fluent in French I understand it somewhat and my browser sucks so I can't translate the QMJHL page but he seems to be doing well. Better than Grigorenko in fact with 20 points in 14 games. Where is he projected to go n his draft year and is he 2012 eligible. What is the scouting report on this kid?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

pouskin74*

I was wondering what anybody knows about him. I'm not very fluent in French I understand it somewhat and my browser sucks so I can't translate the QMJHL page but he seems to be doing well. Better than Grigorenko in fact with 20 points in 14 games. Where is he projected to go n his draft year and is he 2012 eligible. What is the scouting report on this kid?

Grigorenko have 1 point less but in same time he played 2 games less either.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He has amazing vision and slickness with the puck...i like that aspect more than his scoring ability...speed to me is good, but not great...

Good prospect, but he wont go 1st rd...hes on the smaller side, 5'11 170 and hes Russian...

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Oh whoops I didn't see how many games Grigorenko had played..yeah that's my fault but still 20 in 14 is pretty good but I don't know much about Rouyn-Noranda to determine whether its inflated or he's doing a lot of the scoring by himself? How's his speed? His hockey IQ? etc?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Oh whoops I didn't see how many games Grigorenko had played..yeah that's my fault but still 20 in 14 is pretty good but I don't know much about Rouyn-Noranda to determine whether its inflated or he's doing a lot of the scoring by himself? How's his speed? His hockey IQ? etc?

Speed is average id say, he kind of lacks that explosiveness but it will come once he gets stronger...and his hockey sense is very good.

Also his linemates right now are Sven Andrighetto and Marcus Power...Andrighetto is from Switzerland...undrafted 18 year old and Power is a rookie 18 year old...and Kamaev makes that line run.

fmboisvert

Jun 29, 2010
Exactly. Kamaev is playing for a weak team compared to Grigorenkov and his linemates are nothing to write about.

However, he is quite small in size which makes it hard to predict how his talent will translate in the NHL playing against bigger guys.

Regardless of which one ends up with more points, most likely Grigorenkov will be a top pick because of his size while Kamaev will probably drop to a 10 or 12th pick.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Exactly. Kamaev is playing for a weak team compared to Grigorenkov and his linemates are nothing to write about.

However, he is quite small in size which makes it hard to predict how his talent will translate in the NHL playing against bigger guys.

Regardless of which one ends up with more points, most likely Grigorenkov will be a top pick because of his size while Kamaev will probably drop to a 10 or 12th pick.

Kamaev still has the build of a kid who hasnt worked out in his life...im not sure if thats the case, but he isnt very strong currently...

And I dont think he goes 10-12...its a very deep draft...and with his question marks begin that hes smaller, weaker and from Russia...all of those things will make him drop come draft day.

He would be a very good 2nd round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad