Denis Gurianov is 17+6 this season

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah probably not, there are a lot of players that are faster that are known to be faster and maintain that speed even while doing bursts of it to get separation. In both games vs the Pens in October, Gurianov was noticeable, Dallas isn't filled with speedy players, Hintz and Gurianov stood out, but they were also going up against one of the faster teams in the league, on that alone, it didn't really stand out, but against teams like the Ducks and Flames, yeah he looks incredible.

AA and Larkin alone are flat out faster than Gurianov, Gurianov does have a wicked shot and for now, is just a one dimensional player that will be interesting to see develop with more experience. But in terms of speed, straight away? He's not the fastest, in agility? No, the league is filled with a lot of very fast players that you either are not exposed to (take advantage of being able to watch more games, mate) or you're just really turning your blinders on.

This is such a bad take and you're the one saying we need to watch other players more? You watched one game. He's at least as fast as everyone you have mentioned. You need to watch him in some games rather than taking a 1 game sample size. He blows by defenders and players every game for a reason. Just cause he didn't showcase his speed one game a long time ago doesnt make him slower than everyone you mentioned lol. Terrible take. He's easily one of the fastest players in the league, and might be the fastest when it comes to accelerating

Last edited:

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Speed kills and Gurianov has tons of it. Glad he was able to stick with the big club this year, hes been impressive.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Denis Guryanov skates like the wind and has a bomb of a shot. Rick Bowness hasn't fully unleashed Denis.

The Stars still took him over Matt Barzal and PPG Kyle Connor though. Hard to forget about that.

Reactions: Elysian

Limp Dekes

Jun 27, 2019
This is such a bad take and you're the one saying we need to watch other players more? You watched one game. He's at least as fast as everyone you have mentioned. You need to watch him in some games rather than taking a 1 game sample size. He blows by defenders and players every game for a reason. Just cause he didn't showcase his speed one game a long time ago doesnt make him slower than everyone you mentioned lol. Terrible take. He's easily one of the fastest players in the league, and might be the fastest when it comes to accelerating
Classic hot takes from Honour Over Glory. Their hate for the Stars is always enjoyable to read because of how embarrassing they sound.

Last edited:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I love Guri. Last season at the Texas Stars meet and greet I told him I hoped that was the year he made the NHL, he responded "So do I," very humble kid. Was a season off, but he earned it.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Lol, no, no it doesn't.

His shooting and his overall game got better with confidence and he's still a quite streaky player, having a huge chunk of his goals coming in the last 15 games, but overall, his skating isn't going to change with confidence, not even the slightest. His positioning and shooting might, but not his skating. Your physical attributes don't change like that, this isn't EA Sports.

Guys will get quicker in the off season when they have time to train and work on their stride, literally anytime that actually happens with a change, but a guy that is fast during the season isn't going to suddenly get faster, if anything he'd get slower with nagging injuries, not faster.

Yea the plausible explanations I can think of would be if he had a minor injury or if he was fatigued but in this case fatigue is very unlikely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Two games and your take is terrible. It's a case of my guy is amazing to me and everyone should see that which is so common around here. Kid is good. But he's not faster than a lot of those guys. He just isn't.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yea the plausible explanations I can think of would be if he had a minor injury or if he was fatigued but in this case fatigue is very unlikely.

If you are playing hesitantly without confidence you aren't going to be fast or look fast.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Two games and your take is terrible. It's a case of my guy is amazing to me and everyone should see that which is so common around here. Kid is good. But he's not faster than a lot of those guys. He just isn't.

If you really have watched him much and don't think he's one of the fastest players in the league you have bad eyes or are bad at evaluating skating speed.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Hilarious thread because it reads exactly like the Roope Hintz one. Down to each comment

Curious what is funny about it? Such similar threads would make sense considering the parallels. They were both young, fast forwards who at the time weren't expected to explode onto the scene like they did around halfway through the season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you really have watched him much and don't think he's one of the fastest players in the league you have bad eyes or are bad at evaluating skating speed.
I feel like you guys are with the confidence issues and other stuff. Is he one of the fastest? Sure. But not faster than the names I listed. No matter how offended you lot try to be. It just isn't true and no amount of "you don't know what you're talking about" types of retorts change that. Games are available to everyone. I suggest you watch more of other teams.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I feel like you guys are with the confidence issues and other stuff. Is he one of the fastest? Sure. But not faster than the names I listed. No matter how offended you lot try to be. It just isn't true and no amount of "you don't know what you're talking about" types of retorts change that. Games are available to everyone. I suggest you watch more of other teams.

I suggest the same to you.

You mentioned a lot of names. if he's "one of the fastest" then he's in the same range as those guys you think are the fastest. I don't think anyone said that he's objectively the fastest. Just that he might be the fastest and that he's at least one of the fastest. So I'm not even sure what you disagree on based on what you said other than you WANT to disagree.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

You are in no position to be telling anyone to watch more games when you have hardly even watched the player you're complaining about. I also like how outside of the obvious choice in McDavid, you only listed Eastern Conference players because that's all you watch

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
JMO but he's Phil Kessel 2.0. A little more physical and still learning to play defense better but ridiculous speed and a laser shot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You are in no position to be telling anyone to watch more games when you have hardly even watched the player you're complaining about. I also like how outside of the obvious choice in McDavid, you only listed Eastern Conference players because that's all you watch
Not at all, I live in the West Coast, if anything the fact that you know very little about the counterparts for Gurianov for speed in the West is a clear indication there is no argument to be had because this is just flat out homerism and I get it, but get over it. He isn't faster than a lot of the guys you think he's faster than.

Kempe and Garland were guys that impressed me more with their speed vs the Penguins than Gurianov did in his 2 games, Hintz actually stood out to me more on the Stars in that sense.

The issue you're having is that you WANT people to say Gurianov is the fastest, you seem to not be able to accept that the league has a lot of fast players, Pens were one of the teams that ushered in that era quicker with the cups and winning with that speed and it's been interesting to see that trend still continuing, albeit slower in the Western Conference teams, but there are a lot of players that are fast that are getting a chance now because of it. Get over yourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->