Prospect Info: Denis Gurianov - 12th Overall Pick, 2015

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So Gurianov appears to be sticking up with the big club for now.

Looks to be fitting in you guys have to agree?

He's been showing consistency for several games straight now and has been an impactful player for us lately, but consistency is everything. Will take everyone a while I think before saying he's a full time NHLer. We just need to see him do this for a little while before judging that but what he has shown us is promising for sure. He has looked confident ever since he was called up so that's big too and Monty has been actually trusting him and it shows with his ice time. If he does stick around in the lineup and continues to showcase his consistency and confidence, then he should be a top 6 player going forward.

Reactions: lakai17

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Денисом Гурьяновым.jpg

Dallas Stars

LW #34
Cap Hit: $894,166
BORN: June 7, 1997
BIRTHPLACE: Togliatti, Russia
NATIONALITY: Russia
HEIGHT: 6' 3 (191 cm)
WEIGHT: 200 lbs (91 kg)
SHOOTS: Left
ELC SIGNING AGE: 19
WAIVERS SIGNING AGE: 19

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
"Знакомимся ближе" с Денисом Гурьяновым | Национальная хоккейная лига
Time for Denis to get some love! I have started translating all interviews in the series Знакомимся ближе", from the NHL in Russian site.
Here is the recent interview with Denis Gurianov #34 from yesterday.
The main points from the interview:
  • He still hasn't gotten his traditional welcome dinner with the vets.
  • He is eligible for the Calder this season.
  • The interview was taken right after Halloween. He dressed up as Brian May, the guitarist of Queen for the celebration.
  • Unfortunately he can't play the guitar.
  • He has went to a Beyonce and Jay Z concert.
  • He is having a fun time (but it seems he is spending free time only with players who speak Russian).
  • He recommends seeing the "Giant Eyeball" monument.
  • He likes the parks in Dallas.
  • He was told by the Dallas Stars that he can rent an apartment (which means that he isn't likely going back to the AHL).
  • He is looking for one right now.
  • He says that the hotel he is staying, also isn't bad, but he misses having a kitchen.
  • He likes to cook. He is not the best cook, but he really loves to cook salmon and rice.
  • He really misses having a washing machine and not having to take everything to the dry cleaners (since he is at a hotel).
  • Living in an own place is better than a hotel.
  • He is from the city of Tolyatti in Russia (Alexei Emelin; Viktor Kozlov were born there). He dreams that one day the Dallas Stars play their Europe game there.
That's it guys. When a Russian speaks to Russian media - there are more open answers.
I hope you enjoy! Keep in mind that I am not a professional translator and actually neither English or Russian are my first language.
I hope you enjoy the article and also that there is a place to discuss Denis now.:)
Good luck and all the best to all of you!!!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Once he meets the minimum to no longer be a rookie next season, I’ll change this to player discussion.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
yeah, "monty's clearly an idiot." clearly with gury we wouldn've won 5-0 instead of squeaking out a W. :sarcasm:

Dowling came into the game already battling an injury (that they did know of), so it was a bad choice to sit Gurianov over him from the start.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I wasn't outraged over the scratch either, he's a streaky player at this point and his hot streak kinda tapered off a bit. He's always seemed like a smart kid and I don't think the scratch will screw with his psychology or anything; he gets it. I'd have preferred Cogliano or Dowling but not the end of the world.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wasn't outraged over the scratch either, he's a streaky player at this point and his hot streak kinda tapered off a bit. He's always seemed like a smart kid and I don't think the scratch will screw with his psychology or anything; he gets it. I'd have preferred Cogliano or Dowling but not the end of the world.

In the Episode of the Hockey PDO cast Shapiro was on he mentioned that when Gurianov came over from Russian he already had like 4-5 degrees ( including a law degree IRC ) and instantly hired a personal english tutor that he worked with for months to get good at english . Think Shapiro called Denis " a version of Radulov if he went to prep-school"

He's a smart guy.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
4-5 is a lot no matter where you're at, especially at 20-21. I don't believe he could've accomplished that while maintaining a professional hockey career.

2 sounds more reasonable, although still a bit crazy.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Im starting to worry about him. At the start he was scoring then he had pretty good chances and made great passes now hes scratched and invisible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->