Prospect Info: Denis Gurianov - 12th Overall Pick, 2015

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's hard to blame Jim Nill for drafting Guryanov

i mean Nill lives in Dallas, TX and Guraynov played in Russia, he was just going with his gut and im sure Denis was very sweet during his interview and showed he wanted to become a member of the Stars and move here from Russia

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Ouch. They have a bigger blind spot on Russians that our President. I recall watching his first rookie camp, and he did look like a powerful skater, moreso than most there, but that was about it. Don't recall any blistering shots, stop and start skill, or much toughness. And, it doesn't seem like he has progressed.

Laine has top 5 skill in his draft. Seems like if DG had it, he would be tearing up the AHL, no?
Every time he’s been given a chance on the first or second line he’s scored at around a point per game pace . Also when nill drafted him he said he wouldn’t expect him to be ready for a few years . So he’s pretty much progressing as planned . I bet his numbers will probably double next year if given 1st Second Line ice time . He’s the type of player who doesn’t finish all of his chances but if he has more icetime he generates enough chances that something’s gonna go in at some point .

Reactions: joshik and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is it just me or does he score a ton of highlight reel goals? That 18th goal was gorgeous

Reactions: Bfantz

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Hopefully he brings this into the playoffs. The biggest issue with him is consistency, he shows signs of brilliance but he just can't put it all together.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Is it just me or does he score a ton of highlight reel goals? That 18th goal was gorgeous
Honestly out of his 19 goals he might have 1 or 2 garbage goals , the rest were either him blowing by everybody on a breakaway or just a snipe .

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Hopefully he brings this into the playoffs. The biggest issue with him is consistency, he shows signs of brilliance but he just can't put it all together.
I would consider the rest of this season and playoffs a tryout for hintz and guryanov . If they have really good finishes I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in dallas next year. It’s hard for guys to make it out of training camp because the rosters are pretty much set by than so now is there chance .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Barzal scored 85 pts this year

Doesn't matter we don't have Barzal and we never will so we gotta pull for Guryanov to develop in the AHL and become the NHL sniper that he was projected to be. His shot is clearly there.

By the way i sincerely doubt Barzal would've put up 85 on any other team than the Isles. That team even more offense only than the Stars under Ruff and worse defensively with worse goaltending.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Doesn't matter we don't have Barzal and we never will so we gotta pull for Guryanov to develop in the AHL and become the NHL sniper that he was projected to be. His shot is clearly there.

By the way i sincerely doubt Barzal would've put up 85 on any other team than the Isles. That team even more offense only than the Stars under Ruff and worse defensively with worse goaltending.

If Barzal were on the Stars and put up 40 pts in his rookie year, I'd consider that a successful season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I have my doubts any rookie forward can put up 40 points for Hitchcock outside of absolute generational players.

Reactions: Bfantz

________

Feb 6, 2006

This time of year for these young guys to get that kind of exposure and that kind of experience helps their game galvanize a little bit," said Texas Stars coach Derek Laxdal. "Gavin has really taken some huge steps. I thought Roope Hintz in overtime really took a step in his game. I thought Denis Gurianov really took another step.

Reactions: Kcb12345

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
So Gurianov appears to be sticking up with the big club for now.

Looks to be fitting in you guys have to agree?

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->