Trade: [DEN/CAR] Teddy Bridgewater traded to Broncos for 6th round pick

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
If anything this move increases the chances the Broncos take a QB right? I have never been too high on Teddy as a viable starter. He is one of the top placeholder QB's you can find though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Denver is eyeing a QB at #9, it would make sense to bring in a veteran like Teddy vs letting Lock be the backup.

Just goes to show QBs, and I think this applies to Davis Mills who had hype coming out of HS, that if you are not 1st round QB, you don't get many chancs to continue as the #1 QB for a team. Tom Brady was very solid and NE won games when he came in for Bledsoe after serving as #3 QB in his rookie season. Gone are the days of giving the young QB a lot of time to develop.

That shine on Lock wore off in a season.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He was way worse than what the numbers shown anyone watching knew he held the offense back if anything the Panthers offense actually has pretty good weapons to utilize pretty much every close loss came down to Bridgewater not getting it done with 2 minutes left to go and a TD/FG wins it.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think TB would have been more valuable had he entered the league in the past where safe/system QB's were still in vogue to some extent. Nowadays, guys with limited skillsets are more liabilities than they are game managers, and a reliance on QB's like Bridgewater can lead to death by a thousand cuts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think TB would have been more valuable had he entered the league in the past where safe/system QB's were still in vogue to some extent. Nowadays, guys with limited skillsets are more liabilities than they are game managers, and a reliance on QB's like Bridgewater can lead to death by a thousand cuts.
Game managers get good money. Plus with injuries and contracts it is very difficult for teams to maintain excellence in a yearly basis when the surrounding pieces need to be high end to support the QB.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad