Demko needs our votes for the Hobey Baker (Top 10 list now)!

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
So the does it literally make no difference as it accounts for 0% of the final, or does it figuratively make no difference where it accounts for 5% of the final?

It literally makes no difference. Him finishing 1st or 2nd in the fan poll will make no difference as this is all about getting from 10 candidates to 3.

If you want to get pedantic, almost nothing is "literally" impossible but this is almost as much of a sure thing as there is.

Last edited:

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
It literally makes no difference. Him finishing 1st or 2nd in the fan poll will make no difference as this is all about getting from 10 candidates to 3.

If you want to get pedantic, almost nothing is "literally" impossible but this almost as much of a sure thing as there is.

I didn't know this was to whittle it down to the top three, my bad.

Dreamboat

Esports Caster
Feb 1, 2009
Victoria
twitter.com
So the does it literally make no difference as it accounts for 0% of the final, or does it figuratively make no difference where it accounts for 5% of the final?

How does it actually work does anyone know? With it accounting for 5%, my assumption is that its a 19 man panel (maybe smaller with more weight in their vote), and the fan vote counts as 1 vote? (ie, if 8 voted for demko, 8 voted for vesey and 3 voted for Connor, with demko winning fan vote, demko would win over vesey 9 votes to 8)

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
How does it actually work does anyone know? With it accounting for 5%, my assumption is that its a 19 man panel (maybe smaller with more weight in their vote), and the fan vote counts as 1 vote? (ie, if 8 voted for demko, 8 voted for vesey and 3 voted for Connor, with demko winning fan vote, demko would win over vesey 9 votes to 8)

Less than 5%. It's a 27 man panel + fan vote. And as I said, it's just to select top 3.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The voting is over. Demko won.

First: Demko ---10,701

Second: Prow -- 10,106

Third: Connor -- 1,900

That's an interestingly big drop from second to third in fan voting, for those interested in these things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad