Demko injured and potentially out for rest of series UPDATE: Demko is done?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well, ball's definitely in Nashville's court now. Is it possible for DeSmith to be adequate enough to win? Sure. But we saw both DeSmith and Silovs completely shit the bed and look borderline unplayable for a solid chunk of the stretch that Demko was was.

Crossing my fingers of course, but it's very unlikely.
Brutal...Desmith any good?
General consensus seems to be that DeSmith is consistently great in relief but consistently terrible in any extended stretch as a starter.

I guess the hope from Vancouver's perspective is that he's great for a game or two and get the wins early, and hope we get a bit lucky finishing out the series? Then hope Demko is ready for round 2?

Or that he shits the bed and Silovs has a miraculous run? (he was randomly MVP of the World Championships last year, but hasn't been good outside of that)

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
DeSmith was well below average when Demko was out earlier.
He was barely below average. 2.89 isn’t bad at all and .896 save percentage while not great, only has to up that a little more to above .900 and make some saves. The league average was .904. You are grossly exaggerating his play. He really hasn’t been that bad at all. He doesn’t need to be super human. just average and that’s pretty much what he was in the regular season. I think he can do it.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Vancouver controlled the play in game 1, they can still beat Nashville with DeSmith in net. Series got a lot more interesting though.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I would not write off the Canucks.
If Canucks backups be average I think they can win this series

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
He was barely below average. 2.89 and .896 save percentage. Just has to up that a little more to above .900 and make some saves. He doesn’t need to be super human. I think he can do it.

He might be able to for a game or two. If Demko is out long term though other teams will figure him out over a series.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Who backs up DeSmith ? Is therr a chance for a cinderella young goalie ala Cam Ward ?
There actually is a sliver of a chance of that. Arturs Silovs, who hasn't been good at the NHL level (terrible the last time we saw him), but randomly won the World Championships MVP in 2023.

Definitely wouldn't count on it, though.

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
Desmith isn’t carrying us anywhere but we do have the firepower to get out of round 1. Just gotta hope Demko is back for round 2 because it won’t look good if he’s not.

Reactions: HabsQC

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Van fans at the moment

michael-scott-its-over-we-are-screwed.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Shakehead

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He might be able to for a game or two. If Demko is out long term though other teams will figure him out over a series.
Maybe this is his coming out party. Hill proved it last year coming in as a back up and binnington did in 2019 coming out of no where. Both won the cup. You never know.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
When EP, Miller and Hughes are playing to their ceilings they're better than any players on the Predators.

Josi vs Hughes is up for debate. EP and Miller have the elevate their game to a level that swings the pendulum completely in our favor.

This series is now on the 3 of their shoulders.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If it’s any silver lining, this is probably the best time for the injury to happen. They are playing the worst playoff team in the west. I don’t think it’s an automatic death sentence like it might be in rounds 2-4.

2nd worst but ya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad