Demitra makes splash with Sharks in debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Anaheim, California - Game one in the post-Alfredsson era...success! After a shaky 2-game start to the season the San Jose Sharks are getting the wheels in motion. The scoring was opened by newcomer Pavol Demitra when we was let in all alone after a homerun pass from Ed Jovanovski. "It feels good to get my first goal in my first game with my new team, they have welcomed me with open arms" stated Demitra in a post game interview.

A suprise performance was also witnessed tonight as 4th liner Adam Hall recorded his first hat-trick of the season. "The puck was following me everywhere, I am just happy I help the team get the win tonight, Anaheim is a very good team". The lone other goal was tallied by Kim Johnsson at 11:09 of the third to make it 5-0.

During this mini 3-game winning streak the Sharks have outscored their opponents by an alarming 14-1. A big reason for this run has been the play of Jose Theodore, "He's been there when it has counted, he always makes the big save" said defenseman Ed Jovanovski from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim following the 5-0 shoutout, the second straight shutout for the Sharks.

The Sharks now look to keep their 3 game winning streak alive the next time they hit the ice versus the Pittsburgh Penguins at home. Hopefully this streak will bring some of the fans out as the last game saw just over 10,000 in attendance with a 17,000 plus capacity at the Shark tank.

Brick Tamlan
The San Jose Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad