Injury Report: Demers Placed on IR With Oblique Muscle Injury, Week To Week

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Demers aside, where the hell is Kuemper? He was supposed to be ready to go following the all star break and that was two weeks ago now.
I remember them saying there was a chance he might be ready just before the ASG. Morgan gave an update from the team that said “around” the ASG.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I hope they don't rush OEL back. He was slow as molasses and obviously struggling to keep up before the injury. Get him healed up enough to at least not be a liability to get beat wide time and again.

Sucks Demers got hurt again... liked his overall game this year. Had some sneaky good outlet passes that were beautiful as well as being solid on D.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
The knock-on effect of injuries to JD and OEL are that GMJC is less likely to explore moving Goligoski as he likely feels the unit is already too thin.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The knock-on effect of injuries to JD and OEL are that GMJC is less likely to explore moving Goligoski as he likely feels the unit is already too thin.
Goose has played well this year, pretty consistent, Chayka wouldn't move him at the TDL if we were 100% healthy either.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Mosby

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Goose has played well this year, pretty consistent, Chayka wouldn't move him at the TDL if we were 100% healthy either.
Our opinions differ on the quality of his play this year, but even were I to agree with you I dont think he's played up to a $5.5m salary. More relevant, I think he's our #5D at best (OEL, JD, Hammer, Chych being 1-4 in no intended order) and it's lunacy to attribute that much salary to a #5D. Bush/Oesterle/Gross/Ness/Capo/Russo and next year perhaps Soderstrom should be able to hold down those slots.

Of course that implies RT does a better job of not leaving his bottom pair out against the opponent's top line for massive chunks of each game, something he's shown the unwillingness or inability to do...

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Goose has been great this year; our second best D behind Chychrun. A few boneheaded plays, but we knew that going in, and it's still far fewer flubs than Yandle. Our D issues aren't because of Goligoski, and he's far down on the list of salaries I'd look to cut first behind Raanta, Stepan, Grabner, and potentially Kessel.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I'm perfectly happy to acknowledge that the majority of you disagree with me, and let that be that. I will stick to my guns that regardless, his contract may be a luxury the team can not afford if they expect to realistically carve out enough money to offer Hall. Of the high dollar salaries on the books, his might be the easiest to shift.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think Goose has been great this year; our second best D behind Chychrun. A few boneheaded plays, but we knew that going in, and it's still far fewer flubs than Yandle. Our D issues aren't because of Goligoski, and he's far down on the list of salaries I'd look to cut first behind Raanta, Stepan, Grabner, and potentially Kessel.
The man can't hold a candle to Yandle (see what I did there?) when it comes to puck moving and offensive production. surprised anyone would even bring the two up in the same sentence. Having said that Goligoski has been fine for the most part.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'm perfectly happy to acknowledge that the majority of you disagree with me, and let that be that. I will stick to my guns that regardless, his contract may be a luxury the team can not afford if they expect to realistically carve out enough money to offer Hall. Of the high dollar salaries on the books, his might be the easiest to shift.
Goose is a 40 point, middle pairing, that is average on D. I think his contract is pretty fair actually.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Goligoski has a NTC so it doesn't matter. He's not going anywhere. We're saddled with too many NTCs. I hope Chayka doesn't give those out unless it's for our best player.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Goligoski has a NTC so it doesn't matter. He's not going anywhere. We're saddled with too many NTCs. I hope Chayka doesn't give those out unless it's for our best player.

It's only an 8 team list, not a full NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->