Injury Report: Demers out for the season per Gambo (UPD: Recalled from Tucson 3/3/19)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well it definitely looked bad when he was down. Just one of those situations where you know it's not going to have a happy ending.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some rough math...

Demers salary: $4.4M
Florida is paying: 12.5% ($3.85M remaining)
22% of season done = $847K already paid (~$3M remaining)
Insurance pays 80% = $2.4 million freed up

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ryan Strome just got traded to NYR. Get ready for a Dylan for Zuccarello deal. NYR are going to unite the Strome’s and hope that will spark them...

I generally believe Strome will be moved, and maybe to NYR, but not for a 31-year-old pending UFA.

Gambo is a reliable source now?

Direct line to Tocchet.

Is it a given he's actually insured and it would pay out for 78% of one season?

We really need a bat signal. @mouser

Reactions: RABBIT

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
^ Recruiting ex Rangers shouldn't be a problem with Stepan and Raanta here to speak about the greatness of AZ.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
^ Recruiting ex Rangers shouldn't be a problem with Stepan and Raanta here to speak about the greatness of AZ.
Maybe shoot for Hayes? Rangers may not necessarily want to give him the dealnit would take to keep him, given he’s at the higher end of the age range of their rebuild.

Goligoski+Strome+Westerlund+2nd for Hayes and Shattenkirk?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Maybe shoot for Hayes? Rangers may not necessarily want to give him the dealnit would take to keep him, given he’s at the higher end of the age range of their rebuild.

Goligoski+Strome+Westerlund+2nd for Hayes and Shattenkirk?

Yeah I would take either one. But by all accounts Zucc is terrific in the room and already knows Stepan, Raanta, and Grabner really well....I would prefer him even though he’s a bit older. With his small size and speed he’s got to have at least another good 4-5 years of hockey in him so I think it would be worth it. Maybe he could mentor Hino a bit too since he’s basically his clone...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah I would take either one. But by all accounts Zucc is terrific in the room and already knows Stepan, Raanta, and Grabner really well....I would prefer him even though he’s a bit older. With his small size and speed he’s got to have at least another good 4-5 years of hockey in him so I think it would be worth it. Maybe he could mentor Hino a bit too since he’s basically his clone...
But we need someone who can score goals.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think he covered this at the beginning of the season. Insurance isn't a given. Owners tend to buy insurance for their highest paid players.

If they don't go out and say he his insured, he isn't. Still waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad