Injury Report: Demers out "a couple weeks" with knee injury

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I think this dilemma almost outlines why we SHOULDNT be in for Hall. The success we've had this season notwithstanding, the Coyotes are not far enough along in the process of building a long term contender that they dont have holes to fill across the lineup. While we're bemoaning a need for a top 6 forward in the Hall thread, we're quickly realizing in this one that our depth on D is wide but not particularly deep, ie. plenty of 7-8-9's when we need a couple 2-3-4's

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I’m all for scrapping the Hall idea and trying to get a defenseman who isn’t a liability.

Playing Oesterle, Lyubushkin, and Ness any night is a recipe for disaster. Keep in mind OEL may or may not pull his head out of his ass either. He’s usually looking a little better by this point in the year

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Question is who. Every team is always looking for defencemen. They're expensive to acquire.

The only teams generally willing to move D are the teams at the bottom, and part of the reason they're at the bottom is because their D sucks.

Reactions: Fyreman

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Ideally, we need a vet RHD they can be a solid 5/6 D and PK a bit. When we are healthy, we would then have:

OEL/Hammer/Demers/Goose/Chych/XXXX, and Kuemper. Our D could be as good as it was back in the day with AA/OEL/DMO/Yandle/Klesla/Rosy and Smith. We would be tough to beat and have a low GAA.

I would rather get that RHD somehow versus the cost and risk of Hall not signing.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Question is who. Every team is always looking for defencemen. They're expensive to acquire.

The only teams generally willing to move D are the teams at the bottom, and part of the reason they're at the bottom is because their D sucks.
Non-playoff contenders with vets on expiring contracts is one potential route, and to your point not a great route, most of these guys are worse than what we already have:

Detroit: Green, Ericsson and Daley - all have M-NTC's
Ottawa: Hainsey - 35+ M-NTC
NJ: Green (Captain with NMC) and Vatanen
LA: Hutton and LeDue
Ana: Holzer and Del Zotto

Colorado has Connauton.

Vatanen sticks out, surprised the Devils haven't signed him given their lack of depth at D.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Family member had wrist surgery this morning at Mayo and JD was in the lobby and called back shortly after with a wrap around left knee.

In other words... "lower body injury".

Reactions: RemoAZ and lanky

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Too bad Soderstrom didn't stick around. This would have given him an opportunity.

Just what I was thinking actually. The kid looked good enough in preseason to be in the NHL. With that said, Hayton did too. Difference between them is Soderstrom is playing games right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad