Injury Report: Demers out "a couple weeks" with knee injury

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Damn! Demers was doing a good job on that pairing too. He's had some bad luck with his injuries last season and this one apparently.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Team Twitter now says he's "week to week," which makes it seem a little longer-duration than the OP.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Too bad, our D now looks scary:

1st Pair: 2d(Goose)2d(Chych)
2nd Pair: 2D(OEL)AHLer(take your pick)
3rd Pair: AHL/AHL

SCT

May 6, 2015
Not sure why they called up Russo. He has been Tucson's 4th best D behind Capo, Gross, and Mayo. Maybe even Dineen. IMO its not particularly close either.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Curious to see who plays with OEL. You either give him Oesterle and then limit the last pair to 10 minutes, or you give him one of the AHLers and see if you can get a bit more balance.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
They also said that Hammer has started skating and going through some skill practice. It sounds like he's closer than 4 weeks

I assume that can't be rushed. Want it to grow strong before he goes out there again.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
It was great him walking away from that fight! The penalty given to the other team won us the game. should of been a 5 min.

Hard to see what happened. The other guy was so aggressive, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one to remove the gloves from them both, but I didn't see. So. Demers was really not interested. And as you say, well played.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It was great him walking away from that fight! The penalty given to the other team won us the game. should of been a 5 min.
It was smart to generate an instigator penalty. I commend Demers for ensuring Gilbert got the extra two. But once the gloves were off, Demers got his ass whipped. Haha. He drew the penalty for waiting, not for losing. :)

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Damn. Can't put Hayton in that slot.

OT, yeah, but whoever said we've only suited up 13 forwards all year...we're the only ones under 15 still, I think. (!) Chayka probably had a much higher over/under of our "top 12" missing games by now than the total of 14 Hayton's played in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad