Signing(s): DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors (1 year, $5.3M)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was a rough series for him but I'm not going to trash him. He came back from two very serious injuries to try and help his team and clearly wasn't right. He had next to zero lift and explosiveness but still went out there and played any role they wanted/needed. I hope he's healthy wherever he ends up next season and then eventually gets that big contract he missed out on.

Reactions: Clowe Me

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
His missed FT late in the 4th quarter ended up being the difference between OT and a clinching

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He was brutal. I’m not the biggest basketball guy but he looked so f***ing slow. Looked like he was stuck in mud trying to make plays.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
His missed FT late in the 4th quarter ended up being the difference between OT and a clinching

Didn't Toronto miss a lot of free throws this game? And some of the brutal calls against the Raptors made it seem close

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope he regains full health, but I'm happy he didn't get a ring. It was his right to choose the Warriors and to take such little money in doing so, but something about it just never felt right. A career number-one option with max-money potential all of a sudden decides to sign for 5M per season and become the 4th option for an already established dynasty?

I can't see teams offering him a max deal - at least not any good teams. His achilles + quad injuries made him look like a shell of himself, and I have my doubts about him ever looking like the Sacramento Kings version of Boogie Cousins ever again.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Uhh...The guy was hurt practically all season and got hurt early in the playoffs as well

In addition I love how we're now trashing guys who valued winning over getting paid.
It was a rough series for him but I'm not going to trash him. He came back from two very serious injuries to try and help his team and clearly wasn't right. He had next to zero lift and explosiveness but still went out there and played any role they wanted/needed. I hope he's healthy wherever he ends up next season and then eventually gets that big contract he missed out on.
In a sea of garbage posts, it's nice to find a few rational ones

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A sad sign of what could happen to KD when he returns. I feel for Klay, but **** is he such a killer on the court. I also do feel for KD although I still think he's a snake.

But **** Boogie Cousins. Ring chasing mother****er.

To be fair, nobody was really offering him anything special so his plan was to f*** the rest of the league, sign with the champs and kill everyones chances of winning. Rebuild his value as well and while that didnt really happen, I guarantee the Knicks or someone will still pay him, 20+ per year.

Reactions: irunthepeg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Amazing that this was the year GS was going to have their super death 5 all star lineup and literally nothing went according to plan.

There was talk of them going 16-0 in the playoffs after they signed Boogie.
It's like the basketball gods are telling teams to not go overboard with just stacking your starting 5. First the 04 Lakers and now 19 Warriors.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LMAO this league is becoming more of a joke every year.

Warriors will finish 74-8 and go a perfect 16 and 0 in the playoffs. Only LeBron staying in Cleveland and guaranteeing a 5th straight Cavs vs Warriors finals makes it more of a laughingstock.

:laugh:

I mean, it wasn't a bad prediction at the time though, but still.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I know he got a big injury last year but he became the laughing stock when he was once one of the most dominant players in this league.... :shakehead

crazy how things can change in the matter of a year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To be fair, nobody was really offering him anything special so his plan was to f*** the rest of the league, sign with the champs and kill everyones chances of winning. Rebuild his value as well and while that didnt really happen, I guarantee the Knicks or someone will still pay him, 20+ per year.
Take the year and be around a winning franchise and great players. Maybe their work ethic would rub off on him to get in better shape physically.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't get all the hate for boogie

guy was probably the most dominant big man in the league before the injury. he looked like a shell of his old self in the finals and it was crazy to think thats the same guy who was dominating the league just a year and a half ago

Reactions: Voight

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
i don't get all the hate for boogie

guy was probably the most dominant big man in the league before the injury. he looked like a shell of his old self in the finals and it was crazy to think thats the same guy who was dominating the league just a year and a half ago

For me its the flopping and failing around.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
A sad sign of what could happen to KD when he returns. I feel for Klay, but **** is he such a killer on the court. I also do feel for KD although I still think he's a snake.

But **** Boogie Cousins. Ring chasing mother****er.

Yeah f*** him, he should've chased money instead of championship.

... Wait, what?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
A sad sign of what could happen to KD when he returns.

Exactly my thought. A ruptured Achille's tendon is a motherf***ing injury, so much for HFboards expert claiming it isn't a big deal. Cousins looked like a shade of his former self, I'm curious to see him next season hoping he'll be better but I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->